Micah Hyde is THE heart and soul of this defense.

umangatan

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Just because Hyde is more instrumental in the way the D runs let's not disregard what Poyer brings. This brand of D requires a high football IQ and he and Hyde have developed amazing chemistry, almost like a QB and his favorite receiver. Power is ALWAYS around the ball and his run support and blitzing are exceptional. But more importantly he has a smoking hot wife!  

No dismissing his role at all. Ideally they both are extended but they will need to pay White in the future as well as Levi.  Odd man out for an extension may be Poyer.  

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Hyde is the brains

Lorax the heart

Edmunds the fist

Reminds me of the old joke about the Beatles ... McCartney was the brains, Lennon the soul, Harrison the heart of the band ... and Ringo? He was the drummer.

• Haha (+1) 1

Hyde is a very, very good safety. Quarterback of the defense. Posing the question as to whether or not the defense would suffer in his absence is ridiculous and sort of odd. But that's just my opinion since you asked.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Hyde should be extended as his skill set is at an All-Pro level. Poyer is easier to replace and they may already have a guy or two on the roster that could be an everydown starter at SS.  

No doubt. I've been trying to hammer this point home for a while, but these two are not interchangeable. Hyde is an elite safety and Poyer is a quality safety. Prior to this season, they were essentially seen as the same guy or a duo with little distinction. May as well have referred to the safety position as Micah Poyer.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

He came from a team with a winning culture. Such a shrewd signing.  Landon Collins Signed 6 years 84 mill.  We got

hyde for 5-30

The Redskins are also ran by complete imbeciles. Worst managed franchise in all of sports probably 

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Agree. To me it's Hyde and Tre over Poyer but I'd have Poyer over Levi as far as priority signings.

I like Poyer but Levi not only has been the better player but his value in the open market is more than twice Poyer's value.

Hyde is awesome but I believe McDermott is the heart and soul. I have questions about his head coaching at times, but he is one of the best defensive minds in the game.  I think our defense is almost plug and play where we can just sub guys in and out without much drop off.  Just need an elite pass rusher. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hyde is awesome but I believe McDermott is the heart and soul. I have questions about his head coaching at times, but he is one of the best defensive minds in the game.  I think our defense is almost plug and play where we can just sub guys in and out without much drop off.  Just need an elite pass rusher. 

He and Frazier working in tandem with one another has been amazing to watch over the last 3 years. I hope we can keep this staff together for at least another 3. I also have complete trust in Brandon Beane. If we can keep this together, in that I time I expect these modern era Bills to exorcise the ghosts of Bills teams past. 

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I like Levi and for an UDFA he's done extremely well in this system. To me Tre, Micah, and Poyer are all Top 5 -10 players at their respective positions. Levi IMO is not.

You will join a long list of people underestimating him his entire life, only to be wrong. 

He's been outstanding since getting the start last year. did you watch the Patriot game? He shut down his side of the field.

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Hyde should be extended as his skill set is at an All-Pro level. Poyer is easier to replace and they may already have a guy or two on the roster that could be an everydown starter at SS.  

Safeties won't kill the cap, re-sign them both since they're both playing at a high level and deserve extensions. We have more than enough cap room and no reason to make a hole when we don't have to.