Micah Hyde is THE heart and soul of this defense.

umangatan

4 minutes ago, umang_a_desai said:

Discuss...I am in 100% agreement of this statement. If he went out our defense WILL suffer. Thoughts?

I'm assuming this is a quote from a player or coach? Or are you in 100% agreement with your own statement?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I'm assuming this is a quote from a player or coach? Or are you in 100% agreement with your own statement?

No. I know what a big part of this defense Hyde is. He’s the QB of the Defense, not Tremaine, imo. He will even adjust if Tremaine calls the wrong protection but he has Poyer  back there. And they are like tomax and xamot. (GI Joe reference for the whippersnappers out there lol!) He is the mvp of our Defense imo.

Edited by umang_a_desai
Typo

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Evidently, veteran quality posters have taken a cue from the team and went home for the Bye. Judging by all the topics on pg 1, it’s Kiddy Table City around here.

I won’t presume to put myself in the crowd you describe, but I can tell you Nashville was not a 12 hour recovery. I hate to go any deeper than that. My son’s friend, half my age, was texting me earlier about his struggles. But we MADE SOME NOISE! 

Prudence will be a higher priority in future games.....I’m getting too old! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Hyde should be extended as his skill set is at an All-Pro level. Poyer is easier to replace and they may already have a guy or two on the roster that could be an everydown starter at SS.  

Just because Hyde is more instrumental in the way the D runs let's not disregard what Poyer brings. This brand of D requires a high football IQ and he and Hyde have developed amazing chemistry, almost like a QB and his favorite receiver. Poyer is ALWAYS around the ball and his run support and blitzing are exceptional. But more importantly he has a smoking hot wife!  

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1