#2 Points Allowed

ganesh

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Great point.

It really is amazing that our defense has been so stout with relatively few turnovers.  Our defense has only had 8 turnovers so far this year, 5 interceptions and 3 fumble recoveries by my count.  We are averaging 1.6 turnovers per game, which has us currently ranked 12th in the NFL in that category. This defense has been stopping drives the good old fashioned way, with 4th downs.

If they could just start getting their hands on some of those deflected passes at the line...

The following is not my take btw, heard it on a podcast this morning and it made sense...

Our defense is limiting the opposition to so many 3 and outs, plus our pass defense is so stifling.  This means that our D is facing fewer plays per game, and fewer high risk plays, therefore we have fewer opportunities to make interceptions etc. compared with other defenses.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NI Bills Fan said:

The following is not my take btw, heard it on a podcast this morning and it made sense...

Our defense is limiting the opposition to so many 3 and outs, plus our pass defense is so stifling.  This means that our D is facing fewer plays per game, and fewer high risk plays, therefore we have fewer opportunities to make interceptions etc. compared with other defenses.

...but if we're that stifling on defense, doesn't that mean that the other team's offense HAS TO take more risks as the day goes on?

On 10/8/2019 at 10:59 PM, Bferra13 said:

Many ints returned for Td's? I drink pretty hard during the games, but I dont recall one int the Bills have thrown returned for a td let alone many. But agree otherwise. This d is legit.

*disregard top part I see what you mean now.

Didnt CJ Mosley return on in week 1?