#2 Points Allowed

ganesh

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes, true. I just meant that they have had their cream puffs up front. Let's see how we do against Miami and Washington. But knowing McDermott, I doubt we run up the score on those bad teams.

Jets, Giants, Cincy were cream puffs.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes, true. I just meant that they have had their cream puffs up front. Let's see how we do against Miami and Washington. But knowing McDermott, I doubt we run up the score on those bad teams.

Didn't we run up the score against the Jets and Dolphins last year?

top 3 in points allowed but bottom 5 in points scored

it's the reason this team hasn't been successful in decades. inept offenses have always been our problem and this year is no different. Dabboll needs to change the gameplan after the bye week. run the ball more and limit Allen's passing so he stops throwing mediocre interceptions 

1 hour ago, wagon127 said:

Didn't we run up the score against the Jets and Dolphins last year?

Maybe. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

We do have the NFL’s easiest schedule the rest of the season. 

We do indeed. The Pats schedule gets a bit tougher.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, dous21 said:

top 3 in points allowed but bottom 5 in points scored

it's the reason this team hasn't been successful in decades. inept offenses have always been our problem and this year is no different. Dabboll needs to change the gameplan after the bye week. run the ball more and limit Allen's passing so he stops throwing mediocre interceptions 

The problem with Bills offenses over the years hasn’t been their running game, though. They’ve lacked a modern NFL passing offense for years. That won’t be solved by running the ball more and limiting Allen. In the Bills defense, Daboll doesn’t seem like he wants to play 1970’s football. They need to clean up their execution on offense, not start playing small ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The problem with Bills offenses over the years hasn’t been their running game, though. They’ve lacked a modern NFL passing offense for years. That won’t be solved by running the ball more and limiting Allen. In the Bills defense, Daboll doesn’t seem like he wants to play 1970’s football. They need to clean up their execution on offense, not start playing small ball. 

I wanted to look it up but when have the last time the Bills has better than a bottom third passing attack? Maybe Fitz.  Our standards for good qb are so low.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

Who are the top 5 defenses?

1-NE

2-Buffalo

3-SF?

4-Chicago??

5-Minnesota???

Close: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef/2019

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I wanted to look it up but when have the last time the Bills has better than a bottom third passing attack? Maybe Fitz.  Our standards for good qb are so low.  

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb/2019

If the Bills can get into the post season, which they should, this team could make a run. 

If they can spend the next 3-4 games developing an explosive running game with Singletary, and learn to be more efficient throwing deep off play action, an explosive offense teamed with an elite defense could do serious damage in the playoffs. 

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I watch the Herd Hierarchy on youtube every week. He actually dropped us two spots. We were at #7 last week. I think that is more to do with other teams he wanted to move up though (San Fran have shot up and Seattle) rather than moving the Bills down. I think he still has the Rams above us. That is one I would question. They have no run game and their defense is really not performing at all. Marcus Peters gets exposed more than your local neighbourhood flasher. 

It is less about running up the score and more about beating them by a minimum of two touchdowns. The sort of games where as a fan by the start of the 4th Qrtr you are thinking "unless something strange happens here this game is done". 

The Bills want to keep the fans in the stadium for the full game and buy more from the concession stands.  Hence, all games are going down to the wire !!!

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, ganesh said:

Currently,  we are the #2 against points allowed team.   Opponents have scored 70 points against us.  The Patriots have allowed only 39.   

If the Punts blocked for TD and the many INTs that were returned for TD or TD scored off the turnover, we will be in the same category as the Patriots...

This defense is for REAL

And no more points should be scored on them for at least the next two weeks. ? 

17 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

‘Yeah, we’re 4-1, BUT... ‘

Never happy, are ya? smh..?

Well, some of these games are hard on my heart, too. 

But truthfully, games where one team is blowing the other out are boring, unless you're a diehard fan of the team piling up the points then they're like pinball.  We've had some very good football games to watch.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But truthfully, games where one team is blowing the other out are boring, unless you're a diehard fan of the team piling up the points then they're like pinball.  We've had some very good football games to watch.

yup agreed!   The biggest “blowout” so far was the Giants game, and even that one was in question for a while.

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it also somewhat depends on the blow out if it's just one team being completely terrible it's kind of meh for me but if it's one team just executing really well on both sides of the ball that's still pretty fun to see.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’ve definitely aged a couple years over these first 5 weeks. In the end the games have been great and I’ve loved the outcome but after all that, I really just wanna kick back, crack one, and maintain a normal heart rate for a couple of hours on gameday. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/8/2019 at 7:55 PM, ganesh said:

Currently,  we are the #2 against points allowed team.   Opponents have scored 70 points against us.  The Patriots have allowed only 39.   

If the Punts blocked for TD and the many INTs that were returned for TD or TD scored off the turnover, we will be in the same category as the Patriots...

This defense is for REAL

tenor.gif

Jesus ******* Christ, man...

On 10/8/2019 at 10:02 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

If this Defense starts generating more takeaways we will be #1 .

Great point.

It really is amazing that our defense has been so stout with relatively few turnovers.  Our defense has only had 8 turnovers so far this year, 5 interceptions and 3 fumble recoveries by my count.  We are averaging 1.6 turnovers per game, which has us currently ranked 12th in the NFL in that category. This defense has been stopping drives the good old fashioned way, with 4th downs.

If they could just start getting their hands on some of those deflected passes at the line...

Edited by Inigo Montoya