What hacks do you do?

Does code to get around captchas count?  My vision is so poor now I can not read the damn things sometimes so I wrote code to recognize captchas and do selection for me.  Not too difficult but I do have a patent in ICR/OCR used by 14 companies at my last count.  Your smartphone scanner may be based on this algorithm.

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Does code to get around captchas count?  My vision is so poor now I can not read the damn things sometimes so I wrote code to recognize captchas and do selection for me.  Not too difficult but I do have a patent in ICR/OCR used by 14 companies at my last count.  Your smartphone scanner may be based on this algorithm.

I didn’t know what a captcha is so I looked it up.   I don’t mind the ones that ask what letters or numbers are being shown with crooked writing, but the “pick all pictures with a certain thing in them” tests stress me out. 

• Like (+1) 1

Last night I went to make a turkey sandwich and there was no bread.  There were flour tortillas to make a wrap, but I wasn’t feelin that.

I found some stale hot dog rolls, flattened two of them out and put them in the toaster for about 20 seconds.  Boom!  Bread for my sandwich!

Life Hacks!!

On 10/13/2019 at 9:34 AM, Gray Beard said:

I didn’t know what a captcha is so I looked it up.   I don’t mind the ones that ask what letters or numbers are being shown with crooked writing, but the “pick all pictures with a certain thing in them” tests stress me out. 

Those pictures are a PITA.  

1 pixel of what they want will foil you 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Those pictures are a PITA.  

1 pixel of what they want will foil you 

Totally agree.  I did one, over thought it and found myself in a worse draught than a 17 year non-playoff streak by the Bills!  It was like going 30 rounds deep in a hockey shootout... I was ready to heave my phone off a bridge!

• Haha (+1) 1