Report that Bills inquired about Eli Manning?

YoloinOhio

I actually thought about trading a low pick for him to back up for us after he got benched. I mean for example, the game against the Pats could have ended differently if he were in there. He has done it before against the Pats. In a couple of Super Bowls no less.

Edited by Leonhart2017

Is it hard to see? If Josh gets any kind of season ending injury, Eli is superior to Barkley in every way, you want to know what it costs to try to save a season where you should be playoff bound and potentially more.  You don't want to pay him for less than that, so its just kicking the tires in case something happens. 

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he inquired. Beane definitely seems like the type of guy who will ask just so he has the knowledge of what the price is even if he has no intention of making a deal. 

Knowledge is power.

Beane understands how the cost of Eli affects the price of rice in China.

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

You guys need to look at it from Beane’s perspective...it’s a business. 
1) We have $88 million in cap space

2) We have three or four 5th round picks in the next two years

3) We have a backup QB who has demonstrated some success, team player, smart, athletic (Preseason and Jets game last year). 

As a business decision, would you not acquire Eli (if he approved) for his base salary and two 5th round picks (one in 2020 and one in 2021)? In exchange some team gives us a second or third rounder for Barkley? This is a QB driven league and Barkley is better than the QB in Pittsburgh, Possibly SD and NO. 

Glad Beane is thinking all the time. I’d love to have Eli in the QB room. 

Not sure Barkley yields a 2nd or 3rd.  If that valuable why is OBD interest in Eli ?

6 hours ago, kota said:

This doesn't make any sense and doesn't fit the pattern of Beane.  Eli's cap hit is what 15-20M?  you are not paying that for a mentor/backup.   So then he would have to start and well the Bills aren't about mortgaging the future to win now.  

Guy is full of it.  He just picked teams he thought needed a QB due to injury.

if we give them a 5th and then we trade Barkley for two firsts.

If Eli still wants to play -as a mentor, I’d love it. I have far more faith in him than Barkley if we lose Josh for an extended period of time. Our Defense is Championship quality and will be for a few more years. Eli could be the next Earl Morrall.

If you don’t know who he is, yer a snot-nosed punk.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He’d be way better playoff insurance than Barkley. That said, Beane seems to be the kind of guy who inquired about everyone who could possibly be available who could possibly help him down the line, which is good and smart. Although it leads to dumb rumors. 

probably 22 "million" reasons why it would not happen..........

• Like (+1) 1

1) this guy is a known idiot who gets fired all the time 

2) for as washed up Eli is, he’s still better than Barkley (who has become completely overrated on this board).  

But its not happening.  But when I’m GM, I would call on almost every player (except Antonio Brown). 

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) this guy is a known idiot who gets fired all the time 

2) for as washed up Eli is, he’s still better than Barkley (who has become completely overrated on this board).  

But its not happening.  But when I’m GM, I would call on almost every player (except Antonio Brown). 

Yeah, it’s less about the legitimacy of the tweet, more about Phil the dill -or whatever his new handle from being previously banned is. There is an absolute endless line of great QBs with remarkable and HOF careers who end their career on other teams. Van Brocklin, Unitas, Namath, Montana, Moon, Cunningham, Gabriel to name a few off the top of my head. Hell, if Dill the pill were even 8 years old, he’d know Eli’s own brother was kicked to the curb from the team he won a Super Bowl with, only to win another one with another club. That’s what I’m targeting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Bills called the Giants to see what size Allen #17 jersey Eli wanted.

9 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

This report is total crap.  Only team I could see is maybe Pittsburgh - the others have a QB in place

Judging from Sileo’s radio career, maybe you should pair up with him for a four hour drive time show on some jerkwater AM station.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013