Report that Bills inquired about Eli Manning?

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

This report is total crap.  Only team I could see is maybe Pittsburgh - the others have a QB in place

teams could be gauging his value. jags obviously would never trade for eli with minshew playing well and foles coming back 

You guys need to look at it from Beane’s perspective...it’s a business. 
1) We have $88 million in cap space

2) We have three or four 5th round picks in the next two years

3) We have a backup QB who has demonstrated some success, team player, smart, athletic (Preseason and Jets game last year). 

As a business decision, would you not acquire Eli (if he approved) for his base salary and two 5th round picks (one in 2020 and one in 2021)? In exchange some team gives us a second or third rounder for Barkley? This is a QB driven league and Barkley is better than the QB in Pittsburgh, Possibly SD and NO. 

Glad Beane is thinking all the time. I’d love to have Eli in the QB room. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Two time super bowl MVP who threw for 4,299 yards, 29 TD's, 11 INT's last year with a rating of 92.4%.  Granted, he had Barkley last year and his skills seem to be on the decline.  Plus, he's a statue in the pocket.  He's an upgrade over Barkley though even at his age.

• Like (+1) 2

This doesn't make any sense and doesn't fit the pattern of Beane.  Eli's cap hit is what 15-20M?  you are not paying that for a mentor/backup.   So then he would have to start and well the Bills aren't about mortgaging the future to win now.  

Guy is full of it.  He just picked teams he thought needed a QB due to injury.

17 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

3) We have a backup QB who has demonstrated some success, team player, smart, athletic (Preseason and Jets game last year). 

As a business decision, would you not acquire Eli (if he approved) for his base salary and two 5th round picks (one in 2020 and one in 2021)? In exchange some team gives us a second or third rounder for Barkley? This is a QB driven league and Barkley is better than the QB in Pittsburgh, Possibly SD and NO. 

No one is giving us a 2nd or 3rd for Barkley, and it’s a huge stretch to say he’s better than those 3 QB rooms primarily based on one game vs. the Jets. I say this as someone very happy to have him as a backup. Agree with your post otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1

probably went like this:

1) Eli asked for a trade, but only to specific teams (since he has a no-trade clause which he can waive)

2) Giants said hells no

3) Eli's agent asked a few teams to call the Giants and inquire.  Probably many of the teams Eli wants to go to

4) Eli's agent leaked it to some guy.  Or a couple guys until he found one not so cozy with the Giants to refuse to run it.

Edited by maddenboy

I wouldn’t mind a hall of famer whispering sweet nothings into Josh’s ear on the sideline. Added benefit is that it’s unlikely to cause much of a QB controversy cause Eli Manning is the only QB more hated than Josh Allen in the media the past couple years.

Honest question though (and I don’t personally know the answer)... if you had them both sitting on the bench, both up to speed on the playbook/getting the same reps each week, who would you send in when Allen went down with concussion against Pats- Barkley or Manning?

Edited by whatdrought

50 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I can't get a grip on this love for Barkley.  A 2nd for Barkley is insanity.