Report that Bills inquired about Eli Manning?

YoloinOhio

I don't think this makes any sense. Eli is on a big cap hit. Yes the Bills have a lot of cap space but if the Bills trade for Eli that takes a hit on the space they can roll over in 2020 where they are going to want as much space as possible. 

I also don't think Eli represents much of an upgrade to Matt Barkley. If I had to pick one QB to win a game I pick Eli over Barkley but I am not giving up a draft pick and cap space to moderately upgrade the backup QB position. I think the Steelers make the most sense as they would be willing to take Eli on a rental. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mojo44 said:

On the face of it it is bizarre. I have to let it breathe some before I can wrap my head around it or even find out if it was true or not.

Say Allen got hurt for a lengthy period of time, who would you want Eli or Barkley? Eli has played in the big stage. I will take the guy that has been there. 

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

On the face of it it is bizarre. I have to let it breathe some before I can wrap my head around it or even find out if it was true or not.

I agree 100%. But a back up quarterback costing that much makes no sense to me at all. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agreed. But I’m guessing that they probably would only do it for the year and they have the room. Plus the Beane/Gettleman thing 

I have to admit, I’m pretty much at a point where I’d go along with Beane no matter what he does....except for AB

• Like (+1) 2