Just bought our Dallas tickets!

Aross3415

7 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

I thought about taking the family to this game, but the tickets were very expensive, and airfare was ridiculous too.  Too bad -- figures to be a fun game!

Air travel is never higher than the 5 days around Thanksgiving. Most heavily traveled days of the year. The Crazy thing is, almost every year, there’s terrible storms (Winter) somewhere in the U.S. causing cancellations, delays and sleeping in airports for the holiday. Fun? WOW!

But, Hey! Enjoy!!

11 hours ago, Aross3415 said:

Pretty pumped to buy our Dallas tickets.. Now I have to get our Cleveland tickets! Anyone been to Dallas stadium?? If so how is it? Also how is the tailgating? Do I have to have a parking pass or can you park in any pay lot?? Who all is going to Dallas corn Thanksgiving??

Went to the game last time with a season ticket holder of the Cowboys, so can only relate what we experienced with him. parking lots are in concentric rings around the stadium, closer to the stadium more expensive. We were 3rd ring out, and his coat was $80. Not sure if you could pay cash, but i would almost be 100% confident you need a pass to park.

the tailgate was kinda subdued, but he said the  3.PM games were much more feisty. and i imagine the Thanksgiving day game is really crazy. Having said that, grilling is only allowed on the grass that surrounds each lot, so if you want to grill you have to get the spots on the outer edges of the lot. In other words, be there early!I would check with them directly to see if they have special rules for the Thanksgiving game in terms of lot opening times etc. 

We went way early to walk the stadium, visit the store etc..plan on doing that.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

If you sell your house you no longer pay property tax.....right?

The owners of your apartment you will be living in will raise the rent to accommodate the high local real estate tax. And by the way because the state doesn't want to be accused of raising gas taxes make sure your E-Z pass is working when driving on the ubiquitous toll roads. What you don't pay upfront you pay on the backside. You can run but you can't hide! ?

• Like (+1) 1

Wait for the Cowgirls to lose a few more then ticket prices will plummet. The Stadium is primo and if you get a chance go Saturday to the stadium and sign up for the tour. It's worth the trip alone and they send you a cool little certificate of tour proof. BTW Tailgating is AWESOME!!!

Njoy & See you there

12 hours ago, Aross3415 said:

Pretty pumped to buy our Dallas tickets.. Now I have to get our Cleveland tickets! Anyone been to Dallas stadium?? If so how is it? Also how is the tailgating? Do I have to have a parking pass or can you park in any pay lot?? Who all is going to Dallas corn Thanksgiving??

I have been there.  Actually it is the polar opposite of New Era.

Frankly i hate it, it is too big, it is like you are walking into an massive airplane hangar, the crowd by the way sucks and you end up watching most of the game on the big screen.   Stadium itself if very accessible, easy to get something to eat or drink, bathrooms no problem, a lot of wide open spaces.  The gogo dances in the end zone are down right stupid.  I hung out at bar, incredibly expensive drinks,  that the players walked right by, you could grab out and touch them and other parts of the bar you can pretty much talk  to players on the ends of the bench or that wonder over there. The tailgating is ok, they do have plenty of room to do it very spacious, not as compressed and intimate as anything in OP.    Traffic is pretty easy considering the number of people involved.

11 hours ago, Amarillo Bills Fan said:

I bought tickets to the Dallas game the day the schedule was released.  I'll never miss a game when the Bills come to Dallas.  Our son lives in Dallas so we'll make it a family Thanksgiving instead of him coming up to Amarillo.

I think Jerry's world is a terrible stadium.  You'll end up watching the game on the huge 4 sided TV hanging over the field.

I've been to Dallas, Denver, Jacksonville and Buffalo.  Buffalo is the best of the bunch, Denver is 2nd in this limited sample.  My wife, who's a native Texan, (and a Dallas Fan), prefers going to Buffalo, especially when it's snowing.

That being said, it's a Bill's game, it will be a good time.  Dallas fans are good folks.

Agreed, glad i went just to see it (and watch the Bills get pummeled) but i have no desire to go there again. Had a very boring, sterile almost corporate atmosphere.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I have been there.  Actually it is the polar opposite of New Era.

Frankly i hate it, it is too big, it is like you are walking into an massive airplane hangar, the crowd by the way sucks and you end up watching most of the game on the big screen.   Stadium itself if very accessible, easy to get something to eat or drink, bathrooms no problem, a lot of wide open spaces.  The gogo dances in the end zone are down right stupid.  I hung out at bar, incredibly expensive drinks,  that the players walked right by, you could grab out and touch them and other parts of the bar you can pretty much talk  to players on the ends of the bench or that wonder over there. The tailgating is ok, they do have plenty of room to do it very spacious, not as compressed and intimate as anything in OP.    Traffic is pretty easy considering the number of people involved.

Agreed, glad i went just to see it (and watch the Bills get pummeled) but i have no desire to go there again. Had a very boring, sterile almost corporate atmosphere.

Do you have to have certain tickets to go to the bar where the players come out? Thanks for the information!

You had best be wearing your Bills gear at the game..

LETS GO BUFFALO! 

7 hours ago, bmur66 said:

The best way I can explain it to you is that it is 180 degrees the opposite of a game at RWS

Is that a good thing? I always loved going to games at the Ralph unless it was too COLD.. which, you know, happenes from time to time in Buffalo. 

We paid $284 per ticket for lower bowl endzone.  Airfare out of Syracuse was $384 - neither seemed that bad to me.   While it won't be Nashvile, I think there's a good number of Bills Mafia making the trek.  

19 hours ago, Aross3415 said:

Anyone have in tailgating information?? Want sure if they have lots you can just pay for a spot or if you have to have a parking pass ?

The Bills Backers of Dallas are doing a tailgate.  I want to say its $50/person all food and beer included.

7 hours ago, Nick the Greek said:

You had best be wearing your Bills gear at the game..

LETS GO BUFFALO! 

Is that a good thing? I always loved going to games at the Ralph unless it was too COLD.. which, you know, happenes from time to time in Buffalo. 

I had a great time there. The stadium is awesome. Nobody stands because you have the biggest tv in the world right in front of you. It’s just different than a Bills home game.   I wish I was going.

Those going might want to check this out...  https://www.facebook.com/events/351006715564357/?active_tab=about

There's no real "lot-wide" tailgating going on at Jerry's world, if you can even afford a parking space.  You can only "tailgate" in certain spots where the parking spaces back up to the grassy areas around the perimeter of some lots.  It really kind of blows for tailgate action you'd normally be accustomed to.

The Stadium is massive and very impressive, but you'll watch the game looking up the whole time at the giant TV.  You really can't help it, no matter how hard you try to force yourself to watch the field, you;ll be drawn back up to it in no time.

more info here:  http://www.dfwbillsbackers.org/thanksgiving-tailgate-info-tickets.html

Edited by wiskibreth