Just bought our Dallas tickets!

Aross3415

Pretty pumped to buy our Dallas tickets.. Now I have to get our Cleveland tickets! Anyone been to Dallas stadium?? If so how is it? Also how is the tailgating? Do I have to have a parking pass or can you park in any pay lot?? Who all is going to Dallas corn Thanksgiving??

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, noacls said:

How pricey are those compared to the Ralph?

You have to sell your WNY house to buy football tickets in Dallas. The good news? You no longer have to pay property taxes!  ?

• Haha (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Aross3415 said:

I paid $325 for 2 upper level tickets... cheapest I had found so I went ahead and bought them.., we are driving 16 hours from WV cause the flights were ridiculous..

Not as bad as I thought it would be. Still pricey though. Have a great time man!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Aross3415 said:

I paid $325 for 2 upper level tickets... cheapest I had found so I went ahead and bought them.., we are driving 16 hours from WV cause the flights were ridiculous..

Have a great time and safe travels.   Make a lot of noise for the good guys.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

You have to sell your WNY house to buy football tickets in Dallas. The good news? You no longer have to pay property taxes!  ?

Augie you may be technically correct but de facto wrong. Although there is no state real estate tax the tax is collected by the counties. And the rates are some of the highest in the country. The average rates charged by the counties put them as the 13th highest in the country. 

http://www.tax-rates.org/texas/property-tax

As most people know Texas does not have an income tax. However, there are sales taxes, local taxes and user taxes such as toll roads. Texas has one of the highest rate of toll roads in the country. In the end you pay either directly or indirectly. There is no free ride. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Augie you may be technically correct but de facto wrong. Although there is no state real estate tax the tax is collected by the counties. And the rates are some of the highest in the country. The average rates charged by the counties put them as the 13th highest in the country. 

As most people know Texas does not have an income tax. However, there are sales taxes, local taxes and user taxes such as toll roads. Texas has one of the highest rate of toll roads in the country. In the end you pay either directly or indirectly. There is no free ride. 

Ummm.....that was a pretty serious response to a far less serious post. 

I know about various state income and other assorted taxes. We lived in Florida for 18 years with no state income tax, but they get you every other way they can. Most of that is aimed at tourists in terms of gas taxes, bed taxes, non-homestead real estate taxes, etc. They do all they can to cater to those who can vote for them. SHOCKING! I know!  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

I bought tickets to the Dallas game the day the schedule was released.  I'll never miss a game when the Bills come to Dallas.  Our son lives in Dallas so we'll make it a family Thanksgiving instead of him coming up to Amarillo.

I think Jerry's world is a terrible stadium.  You'll end up watching the game on the huge 4 sided TV hanging over the field.

I've been to Dallas, Denver, Jacksonville and Buffalo.  Buffalo is the best of the bunch, Denver is 2nd in this limited sample.  My wife, who's a native Texan, (and a Dallas Fan), prefers going to Buffalo, especially when it's snowing.

That being said, it's a Bill's game, it will be a good time.  Dallas fans are good folks.

• Like (+1) 1

Spent a month bumming around Dallas/Ft. Worth looking for work in late '78.

Place was a nightmare driving around then. Doubt getting around is better now. ?

Good luck with that parking spot. Give yourself plenty (couple hours) of time.

Edited by I am the egg man

17 minutes ago, Amarillo Bills Fan said:

You'll end up watching the game on the huge 4 sided TV hanging over the field.

I was there for the 2011 Bills debacle and the action on the screen was going in the opposite direction from how I was watching it live from where I was sitting.  Made it very confusing.  

I heard the stadium tour is really good though...may want to consider if you have the time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

If you sell your house you no longer pay property tax.....right?

• Thank you (+1) 1

We just moved to Austin recently so I plan to take the family. My wife is from Dallas and the kids lean toward the Bills as their favorite team but like the Cowboys too. We’ll drive up as it’s not far and probably stay at a hotel around the stadium that night. I’ll be getting 4 seats- we may have a connection on good ones. I’ve got friends flying in for it too from CA where we just  moved from. I’ve seen the stadium from the outside- it looks like a spaceship landed in the middle of nowhere. I hear it holds over 100k so excited to see inside. This game looks very winnable as of now. I’m looking forward to this big time.