Joe B. All-22 from Titans game: Dawkins and Hughes shine

YoloinOhio

Above all else, Dawkins is playing with confidence, and you can see it in the way he navigates his kick-slide. The Bills have been trusting Dawkins in one-on-one matchups. The way he mirrors his opponents in pass blocking and uses his quick feet to handle a change of direction has made him a difficult player to beat one-on-one. As a run blocker, Dawkins has the athleticism to get out in front of his assignment and the strength to turn the player in the direction of the play. He also has shown a rock-solid ability to get into the second-level to spring an even bigger gain. Dawkins’ performance against the Titans was one of his best.

Hughes encompasses the team defense mantra better than any other Bills player. Regardless of matchup, Hughes is routinely getting into the pocket and affecting the quarterback’s ability to stand in his spot. His pressures have created multiple sacks for his teammates and plenty of incompletions along the way. Without him rushing off the right edge, this Bills’ front would look vastly different — as would their overall efficiency in getting stops.

Above that, it’s his ability against the run that so often gets overlooked.

Also - Quinton Spain no bueno and Darryl Johnson steps up 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Funny I heard that everyone the all 22 said was good was bad on here. I knew those guys were good and people here said I was wrong, and I said just wait until the all 22. And here we are. I was right! Those guys were actually good! I’m just here to write this sanctimonious post and let you know I was right and you were less right. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

Interesting. Dawkins was singled out by Pats* players for “ running his mouth “ in the week leading up to the game, as well as his performance in the game. It’s certainly possible he bounced back this week, but needs to be more consistent. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

Joe B alludes to "a position that could be in line for a new starter".  Does anyone know who and what he was referring to?

LG

I have Spain graded out even worse in Weeks 4 and 5 than in Weeks 1 and 2. The injury complications likely mean that Spain will hang on to his job until the Bills get close to full health. But, once they do, the Bills could look to make a change if Spain’s performances don’t improve fast enough.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Am I the only one who finds this grading thing kind of arbitrary and unsatisfying?

I'd love to hear about Bates at RT and Feliciano at C. 

Also like to understand what went into Brown and Beas play to grade them as he did. 

I read the "how we grade" part and mostly what I get from it is his subjective opinion.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I thought Jordan Phillips had his best game yet.

I also thought Shaq Lawson had a great game even though we didn't hear his name called much.    I saw him triple teamed at one time.  In fact, I think the Titans paid more attention to Shaq than Phillips and that allowed Phillips to excel in this game.    Phillips was overpowering his opponent constantly when he only had one blocker.   Dude was a bulldozer.