Woa These Guys Have us 6th in Power Rankings!

Scott7975

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't think of it as we are "that good."  It's just that so much of the league is poor right now and our defense IS "that good."  If our offense catches up to this defense then we are going to be winning some trophies.

I think we have to understand something about offense and defense, if you look around the league most teams have crappy offenses most teams have outstanding defenses ours just so happens to be elite, I'm not sure if offenses ever catches up the defense,trick on offense is to be consistant and minimize the turnovers.

The Bills schedule is not that impressive. The Titans are tough mid-level team the Bills beat on the road but they are about a 7-8 win team at the end of the day. The Bills played the Pats extremely tough but they still lost. The Giants are likely a 5-6 win team at the end of the day and the Bengals and Jets are bottom 5-6 teams in the league as well. So right now the Bills resume isn't too impressive. 

I think in the next 2 weeks after the bye we will know a lot about this team. For one can the Bills really take care of the Fish after the bye? Can this team truly put away an awful team with a 3 possession lead late (If the Fins score a garbage time TD late to cut a 21 point lead to a 14 point lead with less than 5 minutes left I will not split hairs) to get fat without any drama? Then you have the Eagles a more than respectable team at home to worry about. By that point the Eagles will be the 2nd best team the Bills face and that will be a measuring stick. 

If this team can get to 6-1 entering into a favorable Redskins game that gives them a legit opportunity to get to 7-1 and really fatten themselves up going into a winnable Browns game.

Edited by billsfan89

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-week-6-power-rankings-great-teams-are-rare-entities-in-the-modern-nfl/ss-AAIrjVN?ocid=spartandhp#image=30

I got this link from an MSN home page.  It showed a picture of the Bills with a caption "The Bills have moved up how far?" or something along those lines.

fun little piece .  means squat, but hey

I think they're in the 9-12 range and I'm perfectly fine with that. The offense has to score more points if they're truly going to be a contender.

The Packers at 9 is way off. Lafluer seems to be harnessing GOOD Rodgers and that's not good for the rest of the league. Pettine is a great fit for a team scoring a lot of points offensively. His defense is at it's best when they're able to just pin their ears back and get after the QB. 

4 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Meh.... I dont think we are that good - yet.

My first thoughts are mixed....

- I like the yet comment

- we aren't the 6th best team in the NFL

- we may be the 3rd best team in the AFC

- we might be the 6th best team in the NFL by the end of the year

- any team in the top 10 in the NFL could win the Super Bowl

- I am sooo pleased with our team, progress and process!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

The rest of the league has a lot of mediocre and poor teams. Not all that hard to be top ten right now.

That's true. With starting QB's going down with injury or retiring the league has a lot of middling teams this year.

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-week-6-power-rankings-great-teams-are-rare-entities-in-the-modern-nfl/ss-AAIrjVN?ocid=spartandhp#image=30

I got this link from an MSN home page.  It showed a picture of the Bills with a caption "The Bills have moved up how far?" or something along those lines.

Boy, did they just jinx us, though!:

"With a bye coming up in Week 6, Sean McDermott's team has a lot to be proud of -- and a virtual second bye against the Dolphins in Week 7."

Man, I can't even think such a thought! 

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Boy, did they just jinx us, though!:

"With a bye coming up in Week 6, Sean McDermott's team has a lot to be proud of -- and a virtual second bye against the Dolphins in Week 7."

Man, I can't even think such a thought! 

Fans can think that way. We don't impact the team. You know McDermott won't let his guys view it that way, though.

Look....I mean this as no slight to Josh.  He's in his 2nd year and still growing.

But right now, the Bills are a very good QB and a WR away from being Super Bowl contenders.  We have everything we need on defense.  We just need to find a way to be able to put up more points and an above average QB and a true #1 WR would put us in the conversation.

My hope.....  We trade for a very good WR and Josh makes enough progress over the next 11 games that he becomes the QB we need by the time the playoffs roll around.

Truth is, I think we are 1 more great off-season away from being a true contender for a few years in a row.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

Curious.  ESPN and NFL.com both have us at 10. ?

This would be much closer to my thoughts, but we have the potential to rise from there. Or fall.... lots of things have gone our way. But we found ways to win close games, and learning to with the close ones is a real thing. Look what the Pats did to us. That’s part of why they get byes, home playoff games, and all those rings. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Look....I mean this is no slight to Josh.  He's in his 2nd year and still growing.

But right now, the Bills are a very good QB and a WR away from being Super Bowl contenders.  We have everything we need on defense.  We just need to find a way to be able to put up more points and an above average QB and a true #1 WR would put us in the conversation.

My hope.....  We trade for a very good WR and Josh makes enough progress over the next 11 games that he becomes the QB we need by the time the playoffs roll around.

Truth is, I think we are 1 more great off-season away from being a true contender for a few years in a row.

AJ Green.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't think of it as we are "that good."  It's just that so much of the league is poor right now and our defense IS "that good."  If our offense catches up to this defense then we are going to be winning some trophies.

I don;t the teams in the league are bad...There is a great transition happening in the QB scene...Veeterans Brees, BigBen,  Newton have all been out and are being replaced by Nobody's (but who are doing reasonable),   the NFL is lacking star power at that position.  That makes every one believe that teams are bad...

Veteran QBs injured:  BigBen, Brees, Newton, Foles

We have 2nd year QBs who are still inconsistent:   Mayfield, Allen, Rosen,  Lamar 

We have 1st year QBs who are no-names 

We have  Veteran QBs who are struggling:   Brady,  Phillips, Dalton,

Mid-level QBs have been disappointments -  Dak,  Goff

This is a QB driven league...when QBs are NOT the super stars people think the league is weak.