We have to remember that the ENTIRE offense was made over this offseason.

njbuff

I am guilty of being incredibly upset at Allen for throwing that pick against Tennessee, I’ll admit.

The bad game against NE left a sour taste in my mouth and my patience disappeared with Allen when that pick against the Titans occurred.

NOW, taking a step back from the ledge...............

we have to remember that Allen’s WHOLE freaking offensive team was remade in ONE offseason.

That’s insane.

Point is, we all have to be patient and not overreact to every little thing due to all the newness.

Allen is learning to be an NFL QB and if you look around the NFL, you can see that it is hardly an easy thing

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Who here has forgotten? C’mon, speak up and take your whoopin’ like a Man!

WOW - no wonder no one has been talking about Ducasse and Bodine... ?

• Haha (+1) 5

I just posted this in another thread.

I added the All 22 view of the interception below. I still believe he is throwing to Yeldon. When he first takes the snap he first looks to Beasley and then over to Yeldon. He then scrambles to avoid a sack, looks to Beasley again and then to Yeldon. When the ball leaves Allen's hand, the DB is almost directly behind Yeldon. If Yeldon continues running, he almost certainly would have stayed in front of the DB and be in position to make the catch.

I first blamed Yeldon; however, I will change my mind and put the blame on neither. As I said in another post, you have WRs trying to adjust to a QB trying to evade a sack, and a QB trying to react to the WR's adjustments. Not to mention, it involved a QB and 3 WRs who have played 5 total NFL games together. 

I don't think it was an ill advised pass. Allen had stopped and set up. He was interpreting the adjustment of his WR and put the ball where he thought that WR would be.

•  
Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Who here has forgotten? C’mon, speak up and take your whoopin’ like a Man!

I did talk to a couple people over the weekend who didn’t realize we had NINE (9) new starters on offense. How often do you have that kind of turnover on one side of the ball? That’s crazy stuff! I just hope and pray it starts clicking! I’m excited to get everyone healthy and see what Singletary brings to the table. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I added the All 22 view of the interception below. I still believe he is throwing to Yeldon. When he first takes the snap he first looks to Beasley and then over to Yeldon. He then scrambles to avoid a sack, looks to Beasley again and then to Yeldon. When the ball leaves Allen's hand, the DB is almost directly behind Yeldon. If Yeldon continues running, he almost certainly would have stayed in front of the DB and be in position to make the catch.

I first blamed Yeldon; however, I will change my mind and put the blame on neither. As I said in another post, you have WRs trying to adjust to a QB trying to evade a sack, and a QB trying to react to the WR's adjustments. Not to mention, it involved a QB and 3 WRs who have played 5 total NFL games together. 

I don't think it was an ill advised pass. Allen had stopped and set up. He was interpreting the adjustment of his WR and put the ball where he thought that WR would be.

•  

After seeing this i would put less of the blame to josh allen and more on yeldon myself. Simply because to stop running your route as you see your QB scrambling and then setting up to throw is really inexplicable. But Josh couldve been throwing to Beasley who looked like he might've been held some. Either way that was Josh's only terrible play and I'd still rather he have some of that competitor in him than being Trentative Edwards.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

•  

Watching that, I wonder two things:

1) Could/should he have have hit Knox over the middle much sooner?

2) Why the heck did Yeldon stomp on the brakes? 

No excuse for not completing that with 39 seconds to watch it develop!  ?

But seriously, it is funny how we (or at least I) sit here and dissect this with no real clue as to how fast it’s happening in real time, or what those giant assassins will do to you if they catch you! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

•  

My biggest issue with this play isn't the INT, but Allen taking too long to move off his first read to the left.   He then doesn't see or doesn't want to throw to an open Beasley or Knox.   Each had a brief window for a tight throw. 

These are the plays he needs to master to become a legit NFL QB

24 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

•  

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Best look I’ve seen of this play to date. It’s pretty clear it’s scramble drill and while Allen is looking at Beasley/ Knox he places the ball about where Yeldon would be if he continues on his path. 25 is sitting in zone  comes up to grab Beasley and restricts him from going toward the ball, but the placement looks like Allen was attempting to put it out in front of Yeldon so he could catch it cleanly on the run. Allen probably was expecting the db to pick up Knox

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

•  

Thank you for this.  That is precisely what I thought when I first saw the play and then the replay.   And with this All 22, it looks like Beasley was ready to step forward toward Josh, but then glances at Yeldon moving across and stops.  It was more a case of receivers and QB not being on the same page in a scramble drill.

I do like how Josh owns it as his error and doesn't try to deflect the criticism.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Augie said:

I did talk to a couple people over the weekend who didn’t realize we had NINE (9) new starters on offense. How often do you have that kind of turnover on one side of the ball? That’s crazy stuff! I just hope and pray it starts clicking! I’m excited to get everyone healthy and see what Singletary brings to the table. 

It's more than 9 though there's 4 new O-line, 3 new RB, 3-4 new WR, 3-4 new TE(haven't seen Kroft yet though). So about 13-15 new guys seeing time out there. Seeing all the new faces on Offense and looking at the schedule when it came out I got the feeling it could either work out really well or really bad. We have a bunch of easy games in the first half of the year with the tougher ones in the back half. So I figured if things went our way we could beat the easier teams while we're still getting the hang of things and then by the time we see the tougher ones we'll have it better figured out and could win some games we weren't expecting. Alternatively I was worried we could lose some games early that we should win while we're figuring it out and then by the time we figure it out the competition is tougher as well. So far things seem to going in the positive direction.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's more than 9 though there's 4 new O-line, 3 new RB, 3-4 new WR, 3-4 new TE(haven't seen Kroft yet though). So about 13-15 new guys seeing time out there. Seeing all the new faces on Offense and looking at the schedule when it came out I got the feeling it could either work out really well or really bad. We have a bunch of easy games in the first half of the year with the tougher ones in the back half. So I figured if things went our way we could beat the easier teams while we're still getting the hang of things and then by the time we see the tougher ones we'll have it better figured out and could win some games we weren't expecting. Alternatively I was worried we could lose some games early that we should win while we're figuring it out and then by the time we figure it out the competition is tougher as well. So far things seem to going in the positive direction.

I was counting starters, because the entire roster changes a lot every year and I like simple math. But your point is well taken, it goes much deeper than that.  

• Like (+1) 1