Gronk Hired as Analyst

Virgil

On 10/9/2019 at 11:24 AM, PatsFanNH said:

For someone everyone calls a moron, he was smart enough not to spend one penny of money he made from football.  He lived off of endorsement deals.. The Man is a big kid at heart but he is far from stupid. 

He's got smart family and enough neurons to listen to them.  He also had enough neurons to do his partying in private and hire drivers.

Except for his clubbing of Tre White after the whistle, I admire Gronk, actually.  

37 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

It will be interesting to hear how he does when it isn't a Patriots game.  All of what he had to offer yesterday was anecdotes from information he knew from the Patriots.  Moving forward, he'll have to do his research like the others.

Oh, gawd, that was soooooo bad.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's got smart family and enough neurons to listen to them.  He also had enough neurons to do his partying in private and hire drivers.

Except for his clubbing of Tre White after the whistle, I admire Gronk, actually.  

Oh, gawd, that was soooooo bad.

Well, how many of us knew that Edelman was called "Squirrel"  and that he's furry.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How many of us needed or wanted to know that?

I think I could have lived without that nugget of information.  Especially the "furry" part.

59 minutes ago, Capco said:

He's furry, or he's a furry?  The difference is notable.  

I believe he left out the article.  It was definitely just "furry"...although the image that conjurs up is even more disturbing.

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Gronk wasn’t as bad as I thought he’d be, wasn’t as good as he should be for that job either. More WWE than NFL imo. But maybe that’s what they want? 

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I agree.   He is an awkward guy, kind of like a four year old who has candy right before bed.  However, compared to the going through the motion guys who bring absolutely nothing to a broadcast, and repeat the same tired garbage every week, I think he is watchable.   If nothing else you may get a nugget like saying Edleman gets the nut once and awhile.    Very surprised someone was willing to put him on TV, a bit of a ticking time bomb, but thats the fun of it for me.

Got any clips?   That would be interesting ...

but mostly .....  Did you expect him to not suck?  

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Absolutely not.  I'm on record here multiple times sharing the same sentiment.  The guy played a clean career.  The dirty hit on White was disgusting.  But it was an isolated incident.

Would it be fair to label you based on one bad life decision?

I certainly wouldn't want to be labeled based on the one worst thing I've ever done.

Dec 20, 2017 - Twenty-one days after Rob Gronkowski delivered one of the dirtiest hits in recent memory, he and the New England Patriots will face ..

I guess it's go big or go home.   

On 10/8/2019 at 5:24 PM, Nick the Greek said:

The drooling caveman is a TV analyst? I’m sure he has a lot of great insight to share with the viewers out there. 

My thoughts exactly. He was an unbelievable player, but he doesn't do so well when he starts talking.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, CheshireCT said:

My thoughts exactly. He was an unbelievable player, but he doesn't do so well when he starts talking.

freezing up is the unforgivable sin

Joe Montana was the worst....

for hoops Isiah Thomas was terrible, the producer would have to yell into his earpiece "ISN"T THAT RIGHT, ISIAH??? YOU HAVE A STORY TO ADD THERE!!!!???" for his broadcasts.

Edited by row_33

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

freezing up is the unforgivable sin

Joe Montana was the worst....

for hoops Isiah Thomas was terrible, the producer would have to yell into his earpiece "ISN"T THAT RIGHT, ISIAH??? YOU HAVE A STORY TO ADD THERE!!!!???" for his broadcasts.

I think Gronk would do best just nodding.

16 minutes ago, CheshireCT said:

I think Gronk would do best just nodding.

i stopped the fast forward button, on the useless talking head brigade, for the first time in 20 years to see what he was going to be about

that must count for something in their ratings.

this was a freak show signing which will be a horror show to listen to...the only thing I like about it is the bitterness pats fans may be feeling in realizing he really IS done with football......if being a pats wasnt enough I lost all respect after the metal enhanced forearm shiver he laid into Tre Whites head I'll Never forget that.....I wish he his hottie GF and a umbrella trimmed pina colada would go make bro babies on some FAR AWAY Island and be Off my TV screen. pfft gronk on Tv #FREAKSHOW

• Like (+1) 1

Gronk sounded better than I thought he would, but had nothing to add.  I was expecting him to be somewhere in between a cave man and a rowdy frat boy, so he exceeded my expectations there.  He came in as expected with his "content," which was nil if it wasn't about the Patriots.