Gronk Hired as Analyst

Virgil

5 hours ago, Rob's House said:

I'm imagining some rather Hulkesque analysis.

"Big linebacker smash puny receiver."

Using too big words for Gronk

"Yeah, I mean, players gotta play, I ain't gonna lie to ya, I been hit like that, it didn't feel good" be more like it.

I've actually heard Gronk sound reasonably articulate in an interview but I don't know how much of it was prepared/scripted

Gronk:    Whoh, that cheerleader's pretty hot!

Play-by-Play Guy:    But what did you think of the last play, Rob?

Gronk:    Oh, sorry, didn't see it.   I was texting Tom about the smoothy I had for breakfast this morning.   Can you bring it up again on replay?

Play-by-Play Guy:    It looked like the receiver only had one foot in bounds.  What do you think?

Gronk:    Ah, just give it to him.     Hey, that other cheerleader's got a fine set of lungs on her.   I wonder what she's doing after the game...      

37 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

How about dirty?

10 years.  One dirty hit.

It was horrible and inexcusable.  But I will not label him a "dirty player," or define his otherwise very clean career based on one terrible decision.

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

10 years.  One dirty hit.

It was horrible and inexcusable.  But I will not label him a "dirty player," or define his otherwise very clean career based on one terrible decision.

it just hurts that he grew up with local TV covering his high school career, then he was a known player in college, and the Bills didn't bother to care at all.

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

I really wish we had a Pats thread so we could dump all this crap in one spot.  It makes me want to throw up posting about these guys.  

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1181584075213160448?s=20

This actually might be actually be entertaining.  No one will ever confuse Gronk for a scholar but I feel Gronk as an analyst will be a train wreck that hard to look away from!

7 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

Keep in mind that Michael Irvin has a similar gig.  Literally anybody can do this job apparently.

He was just doing a community service by holding that crack pipe for a friend!