Gronk Hired as Analyst

Virgil

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That was a joke.. because in order to return he have be active for week 9.. per NFL rules

Thanks, I didnt really follow it, just remember fools in my fantasy leagues all wasting FAB budgets buying him hahaha.  

16 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I dunno.  Maybe Jason Witten 2.0 if he fails miserably as an analyst. 

Well, the spectrum of the Moronic Scale ranges from Witten ( complete moron) to Gronk (moron). So the potential to fail is there. 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

If Gronk, in his prime, had told the Pats he wants out and wants to play for the Bills, all the haters would be drooling.

Yep, right up until he lost all my respect as a player and a man for cheapshotting a defenseless opponent with a titanium arm brace to the head. 

Gronk actually did a comedy special on Showtime or HBO (I don't remember which).  He was the host and did a few jokes between acts, as he introduced a series of comedians.  While he wasn't stellar, he was good enough to pull it off, which leads me to believe he might have enough to pull off this gig.  He won't be as polished as a guy like Howie Long, who comes across very well, but he might be as good as some of the former players who have done this.  Terry Bradshaw has somehow made a living out of it and guys like Michael Irvin and Shannon Sharpe are still a part of the sports media....Love him or hate him, Gronk is a Hall of Famer with high football IQ and he's a charismatic personality.

16 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Oh boy, maybe we'll get treated to Gronk, Booger and Favre together in the booth someday!

Favre would sound like Olivier delivering Hamlet compared to the other two.

1 minute ago, msw2112 said:

Gronk actually did a comedy special on Showtime or HBO (I don't remember which).  He was the host and did a few jokes between acts, as he introduced a series of comedians.  While he wasn't stellar, he was good enough to pull it off, which leads me to believe he might have enough to pull off this gig.  He won't be as polished as a guy like Howie Long, who comes across very well, but he might be as good as some of the former players who have done this.  Terry Bradshaw has somehow made a living out of it and guys like Michael Irvin and Shannon Sharpe are still a part of the sports media....Love him or hate him, Gronk is a Hall of Famer with high football IQ and he's a charismatic personality.

All of that is fair. 

And while I don’t hate him, I don’t have a shred of respect for him.

• Haha (+1) 1

What is Gronk going to add to anything besides "you know, that whole team looks like they don't care...they all need to get laid!  Hey Terry, let's CHUG!!"  Probably not too far off on this .

image.jpeg.4d1ce9e470544dc18aca09bb7d2d3cbc.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, yet amazingly Irvin is still employed. He's the same as Shannon Sharpe, all they do is yell.

Deion Sanders is no better.

i haven't voluntarily heard more than 30 seconds total out of their mouths in 20+ years with my PVR

refuse to believe i have missed anything edifying about football from them

4 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

Keep in mind that Michael Irvin has a similar gig.  Literally anybody can do this job apparently.

Michael Irvin should shutup and never speak again if there's any Justice in this world.... 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Michael Irvin should shutup and never speak again if there's any Justice in this world.... 

stop watching

or do you enjoy getting all hot and bothered over him yakking away