through 5 games, the seasons of 3 kickers have ended against the Bills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I feel like it's not just against us... kickers are missing field goals all over the place.   Gould missed a bunch last night.  Not all his fault, but it seems every game there's missed 40 yarders.

Yeah, very weird.  Only 2-3 years ago it seemed like nearly every FG attempt under 55 yards was automatic.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, very weird.  Only 2-3 years ago it seemed like nearly every FG attempt under 55 yards was automatic.

Maybe the NFL has changed the ball?  Opposite of what MLB has done with the ridiculous juiced baseballs.

Also, I wonder if the extra point rule has gotten in guys' heads.  That used to be a no-stress, automatic kick.   Now it's a real FG attempt so these guys have a lot more kicks they have to mentally prepare for and convert than in the old days and once you start having a bad day as a kicker, it's hard to pull out of it.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I feel like it's not just against us... kickers are missing field goals all over the place.   Gould missed a bunch last night.  Not all his fault, but it seems every game there's missed 40 yarders.

I stated it elsewhere but current nfl kickers on 50+ like Santos twice 55% and the block isnt him ...blame game in nashville

23 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Santos just released! With Gostkowski going on IR right after the Bills-Pats game and Kaare Vedvik getting cut right after the Bills-TN game, you really don't want to be a kicker facing the Bills. 

We got Vedvik released twice. He missed one against us in the pre-season too.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Santos just released! With Gostkowski going on IR right after the Bills-Pats game and Kaare Vedvik getting cut right after the Bills-TN game, you really don't want to be a kicker facing the Bills. 

Noticed this as well AND can’t blame new era, 3 road games to 2 home. 

Balls are under inflated.  New England managed to get all the air pressure gauges the league uses replaced with ones that show a higher pressure than actually registered.  Lower air pressure = wonky kicks.  Ask your kickers, ask your punters...they’ll tell you something is not right.

?

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Balls are under inflated.  New England managed to get all the air pressure gauges the league uses replaced with ones that show a higher pressure than actually registered.  

shouldn’t they get a compensatory draft pick for that?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Glad we extended Hauschka. Was a little worried about him after his injury but it feels good to trust your kicker!

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Maybe the NFL has changed the ball?  Opposite of what MLB has done with the ridiculous juiced baseballs.

Also, I wonder if the extra point rule has gotten in guys' heads.  That used to be a no-stress, automatic kick.   Now it's a real FG attempt so these guys have a lot more kicks they have to mentally prepare for and convert than in the old days and once you start having a bad day as a kicker, it's hard to pull out of it.

Kickers have one damn job.  Kick the ball through the uprights.  To quote Bruce Lee:  "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." 

That's exactly what these kickers do.  They kick the ball the exact same way every time.  Of course, they have to adjust depending on weather and field conditions, but they still do the same kick repeatedly.  These kickers are supposed to be the best in the world, and they've been flopping big time.  Not sure where the underlying issue is.

22 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Kickers have one damn job.  Kick the ball through the uprights.  To quote Bruce Lee:  "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." 

That's exactly what these kickers do.  They kick the ball the exact same way every time.  Of course, they have to adjust depending on weather and field conditions, but they still do the same kick repeatedly.  These kickers are supposed to be the best in the world, and they've been flopping big time.  Not sure where the underlying issue is.

I’m goin’ with drunk end zone fans whippin’ it out and whippin’ it around as the kicker aims for his kick.

seriously, it’s a Thing..

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I read that kickers versus the Bills are 2-8 on field goals (Santos 0-4 added greatly).

Also they have missed 2 PAT’s