Bye Week Musings About the NFL at Large

Just now, auburnbillsbacker said:

They should have hired Greg Williams.  He changed the Brown's culture and was the more experienced option.  

Do the Browns seemingly ever make the right decision with coaches tho?

Edited by matter2003

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

what the heck was there this insistence that the Browns would dominate?

don't they have to show at least a season of mid-level mediocrity first?

keep on dreaming

You mean like going 7-8-1 last year?  Is that mediocre enough?

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Jets are throwing away Darnold's cheap years on Adam Gase. He is a horrible coach and a terrible leader and continues to prove it 

This. I think we all (Bills fans) expected this though. It's mind-blowing that the fans can see this from a mile out and the guys that own/run a multi-billion dollar company cant figure it out. 

Like when we hired Rex. Thankfully, Rex was so bad that the timing worked out to get Coach McDermott. If we'd hired a halfway decent coach and screwed around for four years, McD would have got his opportunity elsewhere.

I guess in that regard, Rex was a blessing in disguise ?

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

You mean like going 7-8-1 last year?  Is that mediocre enough?

geez, that must have been a top 3 Browns season the last 40 years?

crown them SB champs already!!!

put down the crack pipe people.... the Browns aren't going to win the SB suddenly...

Edited by row_33

4 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Don't sleep on the Colts.

Frank is doing amazing work there. I like McD but Frank would've been a match made in heaven here. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Mccaffery looks like the best RB I’ve ever seen

? How old are you? Not trying to be funny or insulting but I'm 53 and I've seen RBs in my lifetime CMC can't touch.

24 minutes ago, row_33 said:

geez, that must have been a top 3 Browns season the last 40 years?

crown them SB champs already!!!

put down the crack pipe people.... the Browns aren't going to win the SB suddenly...

I said nothing of them being great, I think they were overhyped.

You specifically said they should have at least ONE mediocre season.  They just had one mediocre season.

Calm yo tatas. 

16 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I said nothing of them being great, I think they were overhyped.

You specifically said they should have at least ONE mediocre season.  They just had one mediocre season.

Calm yo tatas. 

you are the one carrying one with stats....

look in the mirror, sport

40 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Frank is doing amazing work there. I like McD but Frank would've been a match made in heaven here. 

? How old are you? Not trying to be funny or insulting but I'm 53 and I've seen RBs in my lifetime CMC can't touch.

45.  Peterson and Barry held my crown prior.  The jury is still out, but cmc is still getting better.  He’s noticeably better this year imo.  His burst is just ridiculous

Biggest surprise in the NFC: Green Bay.  I thought they would struggle with LaFleur, who I suspected would be in over his head.  Instead, they look really good...with a solid defense.

Biggest surprise in the AFC: Buffalo.  Yep, I did not see us at 4-1 at the bye, with a lights out defense.  The Bills can easily be better than 10-6 and possibly win the AFC East.  Josh just needs to eliminate a few big mistakes and not try to win it all himself.  Put it on the defense's shoulders.

Whoever from the AFC goes to the SB will lose to the NFC team.  NFC is easily the better conference.

5 hours ago, BillsDude said:

No to Mayfield, Rosen, Jackson and Rudolph. 

I was not in the draft Jackson camp, but he's turned out better than I thought he would. Allen - Jackson? Time will tell.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

you are the one carrying one with stats....

look in the mirror, sport

I would be ever so grateful if you can educate me on the supposed "carrying on with stats" I was doing so that I can better myself to your standards.  I'm sure it can't be that I just called you out on a stupid and incorrect comment you made and you're just lashing out because you got caught looking dumb.

6 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Mahomes is not human. His line is decimated and they are missing some serious firepower. I would take him over any QB in the league and 2nd choice isn't even close.

I guess I am the ocd grammar/vocab guy as I tried hard to let it go I just couldn't.  "Decimated" means what it sounds like.  1/10 of that which is decimated is lost, destroyed, no longer functionable.  

So if somebody says "I am going to totally decimate those guys" he means he is going to wipe out 10% of their capacity.   

The KC O-line, I presume has lost more than 1/2 of 1 of the 5?

7 minutes ago, Success said:

If I was a Pats fan, I’d probably be thinking this is the easiest Lombardi yet.

But they’re also relying on a 42 year old.  So a lot can change.  

And they don't have a kicker.  Not a trivial problem for a team with Super Bowl aspirations.

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Anthony Lynn and Mike Vrabel are two horrid HC’s with talented teams. 

When did Lynn become a "horrid" HC?  Because the Chargers are off to a slow start this year after losing their best defensive player, having their starting RB hold out and having to rely on an aged Philip Rivers?

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

And they don't have a kicker.  Not a trivial problem for a team with Super Bowl aspirations.

When did Lynn become a "horrid" HC?  Because the Chargers are off to a slow start this year after losing their best defensive player, having their starting RB hold out and having to rely on an aged Philip Rivers?

The Chargers have some elite talent and have a very good team personnel wise. They seem to always be in this situation and I think Lynn is maybe a hair better as a HC than Vrabel. 

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Biggest surprise in the NFC: Green Bay.  I thought they would struggle with LaFleur, who I suspected would be in over his head.  Instead, they look really good...with a solid defense.

Biggest surprise in the AFC: Buffalo.  Yep, I did not see us at 4-1 at the bye, with a lights out defense.  The Bills can easily be better than 10-6 and possibly win the AFC East.  Josh just needs to eliminate a few big mistakes and not try to win it all himself.  Put it on the defense's shoulders.

Whoever from the AFC goes to the SB will lose to the NFC team.  NFC is easily the better conference.

I’m not so sure. I think the NFC will have the better top 10, but the AFC might still have the better top 2. 

31 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m not so sure. I think the NFC will have the better top 10, but the AFC might still have the better top 2. 

Honestly, I'm not sure I see NE or KC beating New Orleans or Green Bay