There Always Seems to Be One Bill Everybody Hates on Annually

Irv

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. rarely any big holes to run through and our heat seekers at LB are running free.... next time lets just find that a bit cheaper. 

its very weird to me that somebody could be that upset with him.

In Star's and other players cases, it is often because of the large contract in combination with perceived subpar play. I  understand it to some degree but on every team every year there are about one third that outplay their contract, one third about right and one third that underperform. Fans seem to want all of the guys that play way better than their deals but none of the under-performing ones. You can't have it all.

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

No he sucks.  At 26 mil for the last 2 season, he really really sucks.  

That's just it, he hasn't been a part of the #2 overall rush D.  He isn't contributing enough.  

His terrible contract may cause us to have to let Phillips go in free agency.  You happy with that?

Significant deal, that's for certain.  "Not that big of a deal" - is crazy talk. 

if teams aren't running on buffalo he's not sucking. this is silly.

we have 90 mil. good lord dude.

4 minutes ago, White Linen said:

No he sucks.  At 26 mil for the last 2 season, he really really sucks.  

That's just it, he hasn't been a part of the #2 overall rush D.  He isn't contributing enough.  

His terrible contract may cause us to have to let Phillips go in free agency.  You happy with that?

Significant deal, that's for certain.  "Not that big of a deal" - is crazy talk. 

Star's contract isn't preventing the Bills from doing anything they want to do, roster wise.  He's contributing and he's not causing problems.  Stop worrying about his salary as if you're paying it.

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

In Star's and other players cases, it is often because of the large contract in combination with perceived subpar play. I  understand it to some degree but on every team every year there are about one third that outplay their contract, one third about right and one third that underperform. Fans seem to want all of the guys that play way better than their deals but none of the under-performing ones. You can't have it all.

I just don't understand all of the complaining.  All I've heard is how the Bills have no Stars.  That's simply not true.

There have been rumblings about Starr, surprised he hasn't faced the ire of the fans.

Yeldon shouldn't be getting the hate, he's been a productive receiver, an ok runner and good pass blocker.  For a third string back he's been good.  

Ford has been underperforming as a tackle so imagine he's going to get some flack.

Borquez, but he's been decent.

But now that Zay is gone who had been occupying that hate,  they are all game.

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

if teams aren't running on buffalo he's not sucking. this is silly.

we have 90 mil. good lord dude.

What does how much cap space have to do with it.  A bad contract is a bad contract.  

Do all bad financial decision have to lead to ruin?  

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Star's contract isn't preventing the Bills from doing anything they want to do, roster wise.  He's contributing and he's not causing problems.  Stop worrying about his salary as if you're paying it.

Oh come off it.  So if you complain about the Bills - and you do - you have to be paying the players salary?

Pretty ridiculous comment.  

4 minutes ago, White Linen said:

What does how much cap space have to do with it.  A bad contract is a bad contract.  

Do all bad financial decision have to lead to ruin?  

no. it had to do with you saying we may not be able to bring phillips back....

you are just going off the freaking deep end about a player that's totally not worth being this dramatic over. geez man. really over the top here.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

15 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

100% agree

And we discuss these things.  

I do think that in the near future these things do become more important.  The cap space will certainly close as we have several really good football players to pay.  We chose to pay Star upfront and amortize his cap hit, so it's a problem.  Not life threatening or we can't afford to do anything now or that I'm so worried about it that it's all I think about.  (not that you said any of that)

4 hours ago, CardinalScotts said:

really this teams is very very likeable........DiMarco for the punt block yes...Dawkins penalties...Yeldon few opportunites usually screws one up....Bojorquez  although atleast he hammered it Sunday repeatedly into the endzone but his issue has been 27 yarders at the wrong time. 

Kroft is he misses 2 more games will be the selection

What idiot is blaming DiMarco for the punt block?  DiMarco had nothing to do with it, he just happened to be the player that got screwed and put in an unfair position by his teammate...he was forced to block 2 players because the gunner didn't follow his man in tight and/or nobody bothered to call TO prior to the punt block. 

He did NOTHING wrong...he, in fact, did his job properly, blocking the inside guy and letting the outside guy go...what was he supposed to do? Clone himself at the line of scrimmage?

Anyone blaming DiMarco for the punt block really needs to spend a lot of time learning the game of football from a fundamental level.  It's far deeper and more complex than Madden...put the controller down and actually spend time learning fundamentals, those people desperately need it because they obviously have no understanding of them.

Edited by matter2003

4 hours ago, Irv said:

There always seems to be one that we ('ol Irv included) Bills fans pile on the hate.  Beast Mode, Byrd, Gillmore, Dareus, Benjamin, and lately Zay.  All got run.  I wonder if other teams fans have a similar situation every year. 

I didn't hate Marshawn just his 3 strikes off field behaviour .

Byrd was just a center fielder and proved it in NO.

Benjamin was fat and lazy and not even in league now.

Zay couldn't catch a beach ball and will wind up like KB out of league after 4 years. 

25 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Bojo the clown

Cold.  At least he is a member of the team as opposed to being cut before the regular season...?

You know, we could have no end of fun with this topic if we change ‘Bill’ in the thread title to ‘TBD-TSW member’.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Beast mode ran someone over and fled the scene...he deserved the hate when he was here, but he wasn't hated as wide spread as someone like KB was.

Byrd and Gilmore were hated?  Sure, they had some critics, but hated?  They were not anywhere close to the category of say KB hate and was mostly about their pending contract situations as free agents and what they were worth.

Dareus was hated?  I think people were frustrated with him at times, but he wasn't widely hated and a lot of people were not happy when he was traded.  

KB and Zay got the most "hate", but it was really KB that was "hated" where Zay was mostly people unsatisfied with his play and didnt start turning into more hate until recently when his 2019 season was more of the same disappointment despite being his 3rd year. 

Some of you need to learn how to separate honest criticisms with hate.  KB and Zay earned ever single criticism they got on the field...Beast Mode earned it off the field...Byrd and Gilmore were not really hated here and was more about debating their value with their FA contracts coming up.  Gilmore did get a lot more hate because he signed with the Pats, but that was after he left Buffalo.

Byrd was hated. He held out for most of camp, whined that he wanted to be the highest paid safety in the league or traded.  So they slapped the franchise tag on his butt and let him walk the following year.  Then he proceeded to get injured and suck.

46 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Oh come off it.  So if you complain about the Bills - and you do - you have to be paying the players salary?

Pretty ridiculous comment.  

No, the ridiculous comment is complaining about a player's contract when said contract isn't preventing the team from doing anything it wants to do -- and the player is contributing.

20 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Cold.  At least he is a member of the team as opposed to being cut before the regular season...?

You know, we could have no end of fun with this topic if we change ‘Bill’ in the thread title to ‘TBD-TSW member’.  ?

I have no hate for him until he costs us a game...Kinda like Patriots game, but it technically wasn't on him.

Hey!! What are you implying?!?! :bag:

• Haha (+1) 1