There Always Seems to Be One Bill Everybody Hates on Annually

Irv

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Lets guess.

Tent Murphy, DiMarco (he is on my list after that punt fiasco vs New England), Tyler Kroft.  Lee Smith would have been on that list but his TD and his team first philosophy have saved him.

..Star feels left out...........

• Like (+1) 1

Reading this board, it has to be the punter, people have been wanting his replacement since he was given the job again this offseason. 

Outside of him Yeldon and DiMarco seem to be gaining some momentum mostly because people don't feel there's a need for DiMarco and Yeldon is barely used as a RB. Ford gets a lot of heat for not being a day one HOFer. Murphy & Star were big on this list last year but have gotten more appreciation this year. McDermott (the OLmen could have had this spot if only he was held on the roster a few days longer....

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The obsession continues....

This may very well be true, but he does say The nicest things about you when you’re not here ?...

3 hours ago, Irv said:

There always seems to be one that we ('ol Irv included) Bills fans pile on the hate.  Beast Mode, Byrd, Gillmore, Dareus, Benjamin, and lately Zay.  All got run.  I wonder if other teams fans have a similar situation every year. 

Simple - The weakest link... 

importance-of-title-staff-training-1024x

3 hours ago, Irv said:

There always seems to be one that we ('ol Irv included) Bills fans pile on the hate.  Beast Mode, Byrd, Gillmore, Dareus, Benjamin, and lately Zay.  All got run.  I wonder if other teams fans have a similar situation every year. 

The first five you mention gave ample reason to be scorned. 

Zay just hasn’t been as good as we liked which is not a reason in and of itself to hate on a player.

For me this is real easy and he should be hated.  Not in a personal sense but football only.  

Star Lotulelei has 3 tackles.  I made my case last year that he was awful - when at least a lot of posters thought he was playing well.  He's a mistake.  

9 minutes ago, White Linen said:

For me this is real easy and he should be hated.  Not in a personal sense but football only.  

Star Lotulelei has 3 tackles.  I made my case last year that he was awful - when at least a lot of posters thought he was playing well.  He's a mistake.  

you gotta really be looking for crap to be ticked about if you are this displeased with a starting DT that's part of a top ten rush d and top 2 overall yardage d. while he may not be earning the full paycheck he's most definitely not making mistakes. 

he just an overpayed tackle that's at least not screwing up. its really not that big of a deal.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

you gotta really be looking for crap to be ticked about if you are this displeased with a starting DT that's part of a top ten rush d and top 2 overall yardage d. while he may not be earning the full paycheck he's most definitely not making mistakes. 

he just an overpayed tackle that's at least not screwing up. its really not that big of a deal.

Not to mention that tackles for Star is a worthless stat under any circumstances. I don't think he is playing great, nor close to his contract, but he is fine right now the way the defense is playing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Not to mention that tackles for Star is a worthless stat under any circumstances. I don't think he is playing great, nor close to his contract, but he is fine right now the way the defense is playing.

right. rarely any big holes to run through and our heat seekers at LB are running free.... next time lets just find that a bit cheaper. 

its very weird to me that somebody could be that upset with him.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

An underperforming 2nd rounder we traded up for replacing an underperforming 2nd rounder we traded up for has nice symmetry. 

Ya it’s usually a high draft pick 

You forgot sammy to the op 

Edited by Pbomb

3 hours ago, Rob's House said:

TJ Yeldon is currently in the on-deck circle. He's been fairly productive, particularly catching passes out of the backfield, but he had a fumble a few games back, and I read a post that said he sucks, so ***** him. He's the reason our offense struggles.

I can actually see him contributing a little more each week and balancing out his screw-ups with some production until he has some disastrous moment.

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

No he sucks.  At 26 mil for the last 2 season, he really really sucks.  

That's just it, he hasn't been a part of the #2 overall rush D.  He isn't contributing enough.  

His terrible contract may cause us to have to let Phillips go in free agency.  You happy with that?

Significant deal, that's for certain.  "Not that big of a deal" - is crazy talk. 

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yep. 3 Down starting DT on the Leagues’ 2nd Best Defense 2 years running. He sucks!?

• Like (+1) 3