There Always Seems to Be One Bill Everybody Hates on Annually

Irv

Punters and kickers shouldn’t count. At some point they could have a bad game.  If their performance is chronically bad, they will get cut or traded. 

Josh shouldn’t count, he’s in a separate category. 

Star is often on the bad list because his name is rarely called even though he is on the field a lot. Same with DiMarco.

Offensive line is a popular target. 

Yeldon has fumbled in the past.  He’s one more fumble away from being a target. 

Hughes and Lee Smith can hurt with ill timed Offside/motion penalties. They are possible targets. 

I think we we have to wait and see now that Zay is gone. 

43 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Who is in the on deck circle for the hate?

The punter. Not only can I not spell his name, but he had that one punt blocked because no one thought to block the defense.

6 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Punters and kickers shouldn’t count. At some point they could have a bad game.

***** off with this well-reasoned logic.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's obviously Dimarco. He's done nothing but do everything the coaches ask him to but fans are still all over him for some reason, because apparently they don't know what a full back is.

And blaming him for the blocked punt is laughable. Blocking two guys is practically impossible.

He is supposed to be a team leader and special tam ace, yes it was his fault, he needed to call a timeout, he was hoping and praying to block 2 guys which was, and proved to be impossible

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The punter. Not only can I not spell his name, but he had that one punt blocked because no one thought to block the defense.

***** off with this well-reasoned logic.

100% it's the punter.  he's our biggest weakness atm.  either he magically becomes good, or we have to replace him.

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is a decent receiving back. He is a god awful runner. He has poor vision and normally runs into the backs of his linemen. 

That's a lot of analysis of 10 carries (4.5 per BTW).

He had over 100 carries at 4 per last season.  That's not god awful.  Daboll needs to use him more.  Otherwise it's stop Gore and make Josh heave up the bombs.

Bills fans just don't like under-performing players.

The targets for hate are usually high draft picks or big-contract free agents, who aren't performing up to expectations.

Tremaine Edmunds was catching a lot of criticism last year.  But so far this season, he's clearly making an impact (especially against New England). 

With Zay Jones gone, you can already see the frustration rising around Cody Ford.

If he doesn't start playing well before about Week 7-8, people are going to start throwing the term "bust" around pretty frequently.

On the veteran side, you see plenty of hate going towards Star Lotulelei, Tyler Kroft, Trent Murphy and TJ Yeldon.

13 minutes ago, colin said:

100% it's the punter.  he's our biggest weakness atm.  either he magically becomes good, or we have to replace him.

Exactly! Either he needs to start kicking the ball so it lands out of bounds at the 1 foot line, or they need to cut ties and drop the dead weight.

1 hour ago, Irv said:

There always seems to be one that we ('ol Irv included) Bills fans pile on the hate.  Beast Mode, Byrd, Gillmore, Dareus, Benjamin, and lately Zay.  All got run.  I wonder if other teams fans have a similar situation every year. 

Beast mode ran someone over and fled the scene...he deserved the hate when he was here, but he wasn't hated as wide spread as someone like KB was.

Byrd and Gilmore were hated?  Sure, they had some critics, but hated?  They were not anywhere close to the category of say KB hate and was mostly about their pending contract situations as free agents and what they were worth.

Dareus was hated?  I think people were frustrated with him at times, but he wasn't widely hated and a lot of people were not happy when he was traded.  

KB and Zay got the most "hate", but it was really KB that was "hated" where Zay was mostly people unsatisfied with his play and didnt start turning into more hate until recently when his 2019 season was more of the same disappointment despite being his 3rd year. 

Some of you need to learn how to separate honest criticisms with hate.  KB and Zay earned ever single criticism they got on the field...Beast Mode earned it off the field...Byrd and Gilmore were not really hated here and was more about debating their value with their FA contracts coming up.  Gilmore did get a lot more hate because he signed with the Pats, but that was after he left Buffalo.

Edited by Alphadawg7

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's a lot of analysis of 10 carries (4.5 per BTW).

He had over 100 carries at 4 per last season.  That's not god awful.  Daboll needs to use him more.  Otherwise it's stop Gore and make Josh heave up the bombs.

No he is using him right about right as a runner. He should not be anyone's second back. And as soon as Singletary is healthy he won't be. 

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Lets guess.

Tent Murphy, DiMarco (he is on my list after that punt fiasco vs New England), Tyler Kroft.  Lee Smith would have been on that list but his TD and his team first philosophy have saved him.

Ridiculous, Roy.

...I think you actually have to play for the Bills to be on this list.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

There always seems to be one that we ('ol Irv included) Bills fans pile on the hate.  Beast Mode, Byrd, Gillmore, Dareus, Benjamin, and lately Zay.  All got run.  I wonder if other teams fans have a similar situation every year. 

I would add the players who stick around despite this sentiment. Chris Kelsay might be the best example of a player as a TBD whipping boy.

• Like (+1) 1