Bills sign RB Senorise Perry to 53-man roster; DE Wyatt Ray to PS

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Wyatt Ray's Draft Profile.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/wyatt-ray

Ray was stuck behind Harold Landry on the depth chart but finally got a chance to play a significant role as a senior and he racked up 11.5 sacks and 9 sacks. Ray has upside to defend the run and rush the passer but accelerating his attack is essential to his growth. From delayed releases out of his stance, slow reads and lack of urgency deploying pass rush counters, Ray is often late. With that said, the foundation of traits is present for him to develop into at least a value sub package defender at the next level.

Round Grade - Mid/Late Day Three

Seems like very draft thing about his says: Developing Pass Rusher, Raw but Intriguing upside.

He's got potential.  We've had great luck with players from Boston College!

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's probably to replace Zay on Special Teams.

Did Zay play ST?  To my understanding, he took a few snaps in practice recently, which was new.

Foster, Duke, and Roberts all play teams.  So if we're now expecting to see Duke and Foster take more starting snaps on offense, we do need to backfill teams.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dous21 said:

why the hell did we let Shady go. 

Mccoy running through the gaping holes this oline is creating for Gore and we probably are 5-0 and have a top 10 offense this season. 

They were counting on Singletary doing that.  Unfortunately, he got injured.  For what it's worth, Shady has been hurt on and off for KC.  I'm not worried about RB.  Special Teams, though, can stand some improvement, especially since we no longer have that many "extra" WRs to play on them.  Perry should be a welcome addition if the rumor is true.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, if they feel ST is the team's biggest gap that's how it rolls then but....

I don't know that ST is our biggest need, but it is certainly a weak spot and Perry is a known ST standout. I'd wager they'd have taken an OL or WR if a good one was available.

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Ray was a late round edge rusher I was interested in in the draft, so thats nice. Don't care too much about Perry... I like how Yeldon has done in spots so far (minus the fumble) so i'm fine not adding functional depth- as long as singletary is coming back soon. 

Still need another RB, and Yeldon needs to go. Weak runnner, questionable ball security, no toughness at all.

25 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I don't know that ST is our biggest need, but it is certainly a weak spot and Perry is a known ST standout. I'd wager they'd have taken an OL or WR if a good one was available.

On a relative basis, which WR or OL is better than Perry right now?

4 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Still need another RB, and Yeldon needs to go. Weak runnner, questionable ball security, no toughness at all.

He's averaging 4.5 a rush and 10 a catch... He's not a world beater, but he's a serviceable 3. The fumbling is an issue, but one fumble does not warrant a cut. 

5 hours ago, MR8 said:

This is what I was thinking too.  They've been rolling with just 2 guys assuming Singletary would come back into the fold.  If they're adding Perry now, it may be that Singletary just isn't progressing well and they want to shut him down for a few weeks so he doesn't re-injure himself and be out for the year. 

Perry is a running back in name only. He's barely had a run on offense in his career. He's purely a special teams player. 

2 minutes ago, GG said:

On a relative basis, which WR or OL is better than Perry right now?

That's really a question for a professional scout to be asking, isn't it?  There must be a couple dozen WR, RBs and OLmen on PS around the league.

I personally think we are thin at these spots and tend to believe there is probably (say) an RB out there on someone's PS who has more as an RB than Yeldon or Perry.  But it's not my job to find 'em.

OTOH, given that our ST hasn't exactly been exemplary and that we're gonna have some key ST players spending more time with the starting O and D now, if that's what our FO feel is the biggest need so be it.

But it's very likely a judgement of what's more important, not a "best player available" thing.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's really a question for a professional scout to be asking, isn't it?  There must be a couple dozen WR, RBs and OLmen on PS around the league.

I personally think we are thin at these spots and tend to believe there is probably (say) an RB out there on someone's PS who has more as an RB than Yeldon or Perry.  But it's not my job to find 'em.

OTOH, given that our ST hasn't exactly been exemplary and that we're gonna have some key ST players spending more time with the starting O and D now, if that's what our FO feel is the biggest need so be it.

But it's very likely a judgement of what's more important, not a "best player available" thing.

As said above, Connor McDermott was picked up immediately and he sucked.  Perry is a vet who's very good on ST, which is a weak spot.  Whoever gets picked up at WR will be inactive.  

Don't know why this is a controversial signing for some?

• Like (+1) 1