Reviewing the Bills and the State of the AFC - Week Five

LeGOATski

Who are your top 6 teams straight up?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your top 6 teams straight up?

• Pats
    • Chiefs
    • Bills
    • Ravens
    • Texans
    • Colts
    • Raiders
    • Titans
    • Chargers
    • Jaguars
    • Browns
    • Steelers

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't think anyone's putting the Colts in the discussion for most complete team, talent-wise.

well I totally disagree. before Luck retired the whole offseason narrative was that it was arguably the best supporting cast he had ever had... they are 3-2 with jacoby brissett at qb. which very easily could have been 4-1. they are young and talented as evidenced by winning games with back up qb.

Honestly, its the first 6 teams of your poll and in the order you listed them. 

Bills are firmly 3rd right now in the AFC, however, I do NOT think we are as far behind 1 and 2 as most the media says.  I have seen a lot of media people on ESPN and other sites/shows give Bills credit as the 3rd best team, but they say way 1 and 2 are way ahead of everyone else.  

Pats - We 100% beat them ON THE FIELD but losing Allen and also mistakes we made on our own lost us the game in the only place it mattered, ON THE SCOREBOARD.  I can not wait to play them again and I think we showed we absolutely CAN beat them as long as we don't shoot our own selves in the foot.  Going into Foxboro will be one heck of a test for this team and look forward to seeing how we handle that challenge.

Cheifs - I LOVED...literally LOVED the Colts game plan against the Chiefs.  This game reminded me of last years game when the Bears put the blueprint to beat the Rams out there for all to see.  The best part about it for us is that this Bills team is built to play the Chiefs in a similar way as the Colts did to beat them, but I would argue we have more potential to have more offensive success against that Chiefs team, especially once we have Singletary back in our lineup.  Allen protecting the ball will absolutely be key as giving Mahomes extra chances to put pressure on our defense will be a death nail.

I am not saying we are for sure better than either Pats or Chiefs or we would be a lock to beat either.  I am saying that this team is built in a way that certainly will make us tough for those teams to face and I think we are capable of beating either them in the playoffs.  And once we get to the playoffs, defense becomes an even bigger factor and I think its safe to say our defense is playing at an elite level thus far.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

well I totally disagree. before Luck retired the whole offseason narrative was that it was arguably the best supporting cast he had ever had... they are 3-2 with jacoby brissett at qb. which very easily could have been 4-1. they are young and talented as evidenced by winning games with back up qb.

Brissett at QB = Not the most complete team. Plus the talent deprivation at other positions, like the DBs. Receiving group outside of Hilton, TEs, and RBs are average. D-line isn't anything to write home about.

They're just playing great team football.

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Brissett at QB = Not the most complete team. Plus the talent deprivation at other positions, like the DBs. Receiving group outside of Hilton, TEs, and RBs are average. D-line isn't anything to write home about.

They're just playing great team football.

marlon mack isn't an average running back and i'd take their TE duo in a heart beat.

you don't win more than you lose with brissett at qb unless you have nice complete team around him. and how is "playing great team football" not similar to being a complete team? they are sort of synonymous.... but I honestly don't care enough to keep arguing about it. so whatever. you win I guess.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

10 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

marlon mack isn't an average running back and i'd take their TE duo in a heart beat.

you don't win more than you lose with brissett at qb unless you have nice complete team around him. and how is "playing great team football" not similar to being a complete team? they are sort of synonymous.... but I honestly don't care enough to keep arguing about it. so whatever. you win I guess.

Thanks, I guess.

I like the Colts' O-line, which does a lot for Mack. 

We see more-talented teams underperform and less-talented overperform all the time.