Check out this awesome interview with Lee Smith

BillsBlue

3 minutes ago, akcash said:

Billsblue... I'm not somebody with an ego thats going to pound you into the ground. Its just my opinion. I have love for everybody. I will say I watched the video several times. Lee Smith is a different guy but I think hes pretty cool. I enjoyed what he had to say about Duke. 

All in all it was an awesome video great insight into the teams mentality and their brotherhood, I just found a little hidden entertainment in the "human being" description of his teammates is all and even Tasker seemed puzzled on the last time he said it was all, I'm glad he's on the team he's that gritty blocking tight end who can make a big catch when need be ?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsBlue said:

All in all it was an awesome video great insight into the teams mentality and their brotherhood, I just found a little hidden entertainment in the "human being" description of his teammates is all and even Tasker seemed puzzled on the last time he said it was all, I'm glad he's on the team he's that gritty blocking tight end who can make a big catch when need be ?

He's still gonna be my whipping boy. Lol

• Haha (+1) 1

Very impressive. I think we see now why the Bills signed him. He is a true professional that will mentor and invest in the younger guys around him. A family man that is not afraid to speak of his values. And if I got in a bar fight, I'd choose him for my side.

• Like (+1) 2

I got to talk to Lee for about 15 minutes at Bills training camp a few years ago (Marrone's first year as coach) and he impressed me then as a genuine, down to earth guy who loves to play footfall and loves his teammates.  I love the influence he seems to have on a young TE group and I think he's a great blocker in the run game, but watching him play sometimes drives me crazy.  Between the pre-snap penalties, the holding calls and all the pushing and shoving he does after the whistle (for which he is going to get called one of these days), he really needs to clean up his game.   All in all, glad he's a Bill this year!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillsBlue said:

Like I said I like the guy I just thought him saying "human beings" 5 times was a bit odd, other than that it was a great interview and I guess that made it a bit more interesting lmao

If you did you'd be a great "human being"

Definitley better focus than clay ?

MCD has these guys fully bought in its great to see!! 

well he is differentiating them from the solar lizard aliens Zay told him about.

• Haha (+1) 3

This is the type of veteran you want around rookies like Knox, Sweeney, Oliver, even guys like duke and josh. These young guys have no clue what an nfl locker room is like and to instill this type of brotherhood mentality in an nfl locker room where egos are HUGE is important. I give McDermott and beane a lot of credit for bringing in guys like this 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsBlue said:

Iisten I love that the guy caught a TD and have nothing against him but watch this Bills Live episode. He says "Human beings" way too often lmao it's odd. It's worth a watch it made me laugh just figured I'd share....

I love the video.  Great find, OP.  (Agree with Chandler and Rob's House that the title needs fixin'.  It's not about Lee Smith weird, it's just a great interview)

He seems like a great addition to the team - solid pro dedicated to mentoring the young guy.  LOL when he said Knox and Sweeney are great guys: "That's important, I don't want Turds hanging out at my house getting to know my daughters".  He needs to dial back the penalties, but he acknowledged that.

He refers to Allen as a "big, strong, competitive man that refuses to get tackled".  He also referenced the "person that he is".  To refer to teammates, he used "dude" and "guy" a lot. 

I think at times, he used "human beings" as a PG-euphemism for what he likely actually calls them in the locker room - as when he was talking about Allen not "running head first into other human beings".    Other than a few instances like that, I didn't hear what you're hearing.

• Like (+1) 2