It's wonderful to be ignored by the NFL Media Machine!

Stallions

9 hours ago, The Red King said:

I noticed this.  Very little attention.  Even at 4-1, having only lost to the Pats by 6...the Bills just aren't seen as a sexy team, so little attention is paid to them.

The Patriots had an off game they say. Not the Bills dominated them. Anything the Bills due well is because the other team didn't perform well.

11 hours ago, Stallions said:

I love the Bills being ignored.  It’s our little secret about a great overall team and organization. A small TV market location and a team with a history of losing doesn’t grab big NFL headlines.

It seems that NFL game day announcers have a script for the Bills that includes looking for imperfections in Josh Allen’s play or the ‘big mistake’.   And, why do I keep hearing that the defense is playing well in a game while our rankings last year and currently tell a much larger story of excellence?

Let the Rams, Patriots, Chiefs and Cowboys get all the attention.  We don’t get the big ratings or deserve the glamour team status.  That’s fine with me. 

If we beat a team that's relevant or significant I am sure it will turn some heads.

So far they have beat 4 non playoff teams and had an almost but not quite against the SB winners.

Just keep winning and getting better boys.

Edited by JMF2006
IF

I try not to look further down the road than the Miami game.  There are no automatic wins in this league any more.  Tampa crushed the Rams.  The Raiders beat the Bears.  The Colts shut down KC.  We need to be healthy and play well against Miami.  

Obviously (tipping hat to St. Doug), the Browns got a huge amount of off-season media focus.  Look what it's done for them.  It seems that every game they play is on national TV, and they are wildly inconsistent.  The pressure is getting to them.  

I know I sound like I'm trying to be a mature person here, but I really don't look past Miami.  Although I have already cleared a spot for the Thanksgiving game.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, eball said:

They’re getting some “chatter” but even that is largely ill informed. Brady Quinn cited their record today but called them a team with “no depth” and then he and his partner Bruce Murray said they aren’t legit because there is “nobody to fear” on offense. When they talk about the defense they say things like “if it can hold up” which shows they have no idea what is going on. 

On the same channel Pat Kirwan did say “the Bills are for real” but even he dismisses any hope of winning the East, giving it to the Pats*** by default. 

It doesn’t bother me like it bothers some, but it is certainly true that if the Giants or Jets had the same situation they’d be the talk of the league. 

by default?  or because they are the best team in the league right now, defending champs with an amazing defense.

I love the Bills being ignored.  It’s our little secret about a great overall team and organization. A small TV market location and a team with a history of losing doesn’t grab big NFL headlines.

It seems that NFL game day announcers have a script for the Bills that includes looking for imperfections in Josh Allen’s play or the ‘big mistake’.   And, why do I keep hearing that the defense is playing well in a game while our rankings last year and currently tell a much larger story of excellence?

Let the Rams, Patriots, Chiefs and Cowboys get all the attention.  We don’t get the big ratings or deserve the glamour team status.  That’s fine with me. 

I just watch the games, I have no interest in reading/watching NFL news.  Games, injury reports, trades... things effecting the game. No  bother with anything else.

11 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

It’s already starting. Wait till the Bills win the next three at home. Then everyone will be on the hype train. 

And they will all be soooooo surprised, Atl.

Talking Heads:  "Whoa, where is this Bills team coming from?!  I love this team, man...still think they maybe don't make the playoffs...so many good offenses in the league, but if they do get in, LOVE IT...but they lose in the first round."

Us:  "umm, yeah, they improved at 9 out of 11 positions on offense in the off season (didn't some of you know that?  anyone?  Beuller?) and their young QB had some games under his belt and the Left Tackle recommitted himself to the game...sooo, they actually improved at 11 positions.   As far as for the rest of it please let us apologize now for committing the worst sin that you can commit in the NFL in 2019:  we are not a good fantasy team.  Again, we are sorry, we can't help but miss the days of 'you win with defense in this league' along with a competent offense, as opposed to today's 'the falcons are always going to be contenders with Julio and Ryan' as they sit at 1-4."

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Talking Heads:  "Whoa, where is this Bills team coming from?!  I love this team, man...still think they maybe don't make the playoffs...so many good offenses in the league, but if they do get in, LOVE IT...but they lose in the first round."

Us:  "umm, yeah, they improved at 9 out of 11 positions on offense in the off season (didn't some of you know that?  anyone?  Beuller?) and their young QB had some games under his belt ad the Left Tackle recommitted himself to the game...sooo, they actually improved at 11 positions.   As far as for the rest of it please let us apologize now for committing the worst sin that you can commit in the NFL in 2019:  we are not a good fantasy team.  Again, we are sorry, we can't help but miss the days of 'you win with defense in this league' along with a competent offense, as opposed to today's 'the falcons are always going to be contenders with Julio and Ryan' as they sit at 1-4."

The fantasy aspect is likely a big contributing factor towards the lack of coverage. We simply don’t have any must draft players on offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not enough hotel rooms to host a SB. Would not happen even if a new facility is built imo. 

Two words -> Cruise Ships!

Edited by cd1

The Angry Run got some publicity for the Bills.  The Bills games don’t often fit the mold for highlight shows. Not a lot of big plays. More of a grind it out philosophy. Defense that bends but doesn’t break.  Not a lot of big hits or flashy interceptions. 

We’ve all seen the Bills get off to a good start to a season and then flop. Let’s see what happens over the next few games. And beating Miami won’t help.

4 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

I love that we are 4-1, but we haven't beaten a team with a winning record yet. If we beat the Eagles (assuming we beat Miami) then they will take notice. Heck even my skeptical butt may finally admit we're good. ?

who has beat teams with a winning record ?

and if so what 1?

it's a stupid arguement Falcons beat the Eagles does that makes them good then? They have also given up 152 points but every talks about poor Miami.

29 minutes ago, klos63 said:

by default?  or because they are the best team in the league right now, defending champs with an amazing defense.

Yes, by default, since they only have a one game lead over Buffalo at this point with 11 games left to play.  Past performance means nothing in 2019 and the division is still up for grabs.  The divisional race should be called as it is, not by "assuming" the Bills won't continue to play well and stay in contention.

yeah after patriots week and all that attention im glad we're in the background.  Thanksgiving will be the next time i think we're really in the thick of it.  

Also - didn't realize that they play in NE on sunday before the thanksgiving game.  I'm hoping for a letdown game.  Hopefully we can rattle Dak as he's been looking strong to start the year.  

Edited by dneveu

7 minutes ago, dneveu said:

yeah after patriots week and all that attention im glad we're in the background.  Thanksgiving will be the next time i think we're really in the thick of it.  

Also - didn't realize that they play in NE on sunday before the thanksgiving game.  I'm hoping for a letdown game.  Hopefully we can rattle Dak as he's been looking strong to start the year.  

dak has looked pretty awful the last 2 weeks. also happen to be the only weeks they finally played solid defenses.

11 hours ago, H2o said:

Buffalo is cold, dead, nothing to do there, no one wants to live there, FA go there to die, lost 4 SB, Music City Forward Lateral, 1 playoff appearance in 20 years, and the Pats have won many SB while dominating the division for years. The media narrative has been built up for about 20 years now. :censored: 'm, :censored:'m all, especially now that we're building something legit. 

But we do have the Chicken Wing Hall of Fame! That should put us in the spotlight...

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Us:  "umm, yeah, they improved at 9 out of 11 positions on offense in the off season (didn't some of you know that?  anyone?  Beuller?) and their young QB had some games under his belt ad the Left Tackle recommitted himself to the game...sooo, they actually improved at 11 positions.   As far as for the rest of it please let us apologize now for committing the worst sin that you can commit in the NFL in 2019:  we are not a good fantasy team.  Again, we are sorry, we can't help but miss the days of 'you win with defense in this league' along with a competent offense, as opposed to today's 'the falcons are always going to be contenders with Julio and Ryan' as they sit at 1-4."

? I have Julio and Ryan on my fantasy team, Julio isn’t doing much for me. 

Yep, Bills made solid moves not splashy ones. Beane and McDermott are trying to build a team we as fans can be proud of for a long time. 

If this team can finish with 10+ wins and make the playoffs and maybe win one game I think Buffalo will be an even more attractive place for players. The best thing about the hype is it will draw attention to the fans and community. National attention will show that Buffalo has the best fans of any NFL team. I really believe things like that and the facilities the Pegulas have built go a long way when the money is pretty close. 

Future is looking bright right now. Pretty good to be a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

dak has looked pretty awful the last 2 weeks. also happen to be the only weeks they finally played solid defenses.

I mean - one of his INTs last week was a dime to cooper that he just booted up in the air.  Their run game has also not been as consistent, and with Tyron Smith out they were having all sorts of problems on the left side of the line.  The left side guard is the weak link already, a backup left tackle vs an all-pro left tackle is a huge drop off.  Collins went out in that game too so pass protection will be an issue unless those guys are healthy.

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

? I have Julio and Ryan on my fantasy team, Julio isn’t doing much for me. 

Yep, Bills made solid moves not splashy ones. Beane and McDermott are trying to build a team we as fans can be proud of for a long time. 

If this team can finish with 10+ wins and make the playoffs and maybe win one game I think Buffalo will be an even more attractive place for players. The best thing about the hype is it will draw attention to the fans and community. National attention will show that Buffalo has the best fans of any NFL team. I really believe things like that and the facilities the Pegulas have built go a long way when the money is pretty close. 

Future is looking bright right now. Pretty good to be a Bills fan.

Looks like smart GMs are trying to build strong offensive lines right now - there's just only so many quality guys in the league at those spots.  Look how much money Saffold got and he got ripped up in that game. dallas GB Indy NO - even pittsburgh and Carolina.  It's not all about pass pro too, teams seem to genuinely want to run the ball - and good linemen allow you to do that.

13 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I think there will be a bunch of talk and clamor over the Browns game. Dallas is the big show though, and it’ll be really hyped if we beat the Eagles. 

As far as the Allen narrative is concerned... If he outplays Mayfield and Jackson in head to head matchups, and we beat Dallas in front of the country he will get recognition. The whole team will. 

Sad reality is this team could manage 13-3 and still lose the AFC East.