It's wonderful to be ignored by the NFL Media Machine!

Stallions

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Except the media talks about the big market teams whether they’re winning or not. There’s definitely a bias toward those teams. No big deal, but it’s there. 

yeah, media can't stop talking about the Jets and the Chargers.  LOL come on with these takes!

• Like (+1) 1

The game day announcers broke down the numbers, saying that buffalo had one of the best defenses. Arent all of us still a little nervously optimistic that this will hold up to being a 10 or 11 win team. Why should the national media be predicting that to happen already? Teams need to earn respect nationally, and 4-1 has opened their eyes, but they arent ready to crown them as the team most likely to be one of the best teams at the end of the year just yet.

1 minute ago, wagon127 said:

The game day announcers broke down the numbers, saying that buffalo had one of the best defenses. Arent all of us still a little nervously optimistic that this will hold up to being a 10 or 11 win team. Why should the national media be predicting that to happen already? Teams need to earn respect nationally, and 4-1 has opened their eyes, but they arent ready to crown them as the team most likely to be one of the best teams at the end of the year just yet.

Prior hot starts over the last ten years that have completely imploded don’t help either. 

As fans we can feel like this year’s different(it is), but no media is gonna bite until they carry it into the 2nd half of the season. That’s fine. Keep winning. It will come. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Prior hot starts over the last ten years that have completely imploded don’t help either. 

As fans we can feel like this year’s different(it is), but no media is gonna bite until they carry it into the 2nd half of the season. That’s fine. Keep winning. It will come. 

Exactly, i dont understand what the OP is actually expecting from the media on a 4-1 team that wasnt expected to be 4-1. Any non-NFC East team would be treated the same way 

Edited by wagon127

2 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Exactly, i dont understand what the OP is actually expecting from the media on a 4-1 team that wasnt expected to be 4-1. Any non-NFC East team would be treated the same way 

Well he seems to enjoy the lack of attention.... I personally couldn’t disagree more. Give me the hype. With a unpopular team like buffalo that can only mean one thing.... WINNING

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Bills have gotten a ton of positive press.  Look at the GMFB threads (multiple).

OP's take is stale cliche.  Read more, OP...

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

We're starting to get some chatter.  People are noticing the 4 - 1 start. 

My guess is that the national media is hoping the Bills fold.  They know that not having a playoff contender on national TV is a bad look.

They’re getting some “chatter” but even that is largely ill informed. Brady Quinn cited their record today but called them a team with “no depth” and then he and his partner Bruce Murray said they aren’t legit because there is “nobody to fear” on offense. When they talk about the defense they say things like “if it can hold up” which shows they have no idea what is going on. 

On the same channel Pat Kirwan did say “the Bills are for real” but even he dismisses any hope of winning the East, giving it to the Pats*** by default. 

It doesn’t bother me like it bothers some, but it is certainly true that if the Giants or Jets had the same situation they’d be the talk of the league. 

I guess I am the HE in this response.  Big NFL media exposure means other teams will make over-value offers to any of our Free Agents, Monday & Thursday night games (on the road)  and extreme scrutiny of our coaching when the Bills lose.  It's not fun or rewarding.  Our franchise will always be seen within the NFL as small potatoes.I enjoy that status.

3 minutes ago, Stallions said:

I guess I am the HE in this response.  Big NFL media exposure means other teams will make over-value offers to any of our Free Agents, Monday & Thursday night games (on the road)  and extreme scrutiny of our coaching when the Bills lose.  It's not fun or rewarding.  Our franchise will always be seen within the NFL as small potatoes.I enjoy that status.

As a small market team, coverage means they are winning. Hands down. I’m fine with earned coverage. 

You can keep the lovable underdog crap 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

8 minutes ago, eball said:

They’re getting some “chatter” but even that is largely ill informed. Brady Quinn cited their record today but called them a team with “no depth” and then he and his partner Bruce Murray said they aren’t legit because there is “nobody to fear” on offense. When they talk about the defense they say things like “if it can hold up” which shows they have no idea what is going on. 

On the same channel Pat Kirwan did say “the Bills are for real” but even he dismisses any hope of winning the East, giving it to the Pats*** by default. 

It doesn’t bother me like it bothers some, but it is certainly true that if the Giants or Jets had the same situation they’d be the talk of the league. 

Brady Quinn is a dolt

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chill said:

If the Pegulas build a new stadium, the NFL will gift them a Super Bowl. 

Offer is on the table. 

You have to make money to be good in this league. 

Yes the NFL will - if they move the stadium to a bigger market.

There is absolutely no chance of a Superbowl being in Buffalo this or next decade even if they built a dome as big a Dallass's stadium..  

WNY does not have the hotel space, convention space, etc for a Superbowl and even with the dome with a bad storm (we played a home game in Detroit, remember?)  there is no way to get to game even if it was downtown.

That is a pipe dream with substance still illegal in NFL.

The 90 points through four games is naturally going to get a team dismissed. Offense is sexy and the Bills are not scoring alot of points. They've scored less than just about all other teams, but they've allowed just 70; might be best in the league, but I'm not sure.

A franchise like the Bills really needs to win significantly or have a QB playing spectacularly to gain national attention.

I have very little interest in what the national media covers or doesn't cover. I want to see the Bills win ALOT of games. If that happens, they'll have no choice but to tune in.

5 hours ago, Stallions said:

I love the Bills being ignored.  It’s our little secret about a great overall team and organization. A small TV market location and a team with a history of losing doesn’t grab big NFL headlines.

It seems that NFL game day announcers have a script for the Bills that includes looking for imperfections in Josh Allen’s play or the ‘big mistake’.   And, why do I keep hearing that the defense is playing well in a game while our rankings last year and currently tell a much larger story of excellence?

Let the Rams, Patriots, Chiefs and Cowboys get all the attention.  We don’t get the big ratings or deserve the glamour team status.  That’s fine with me. 

we deserve the glamour but dont need the clamour

19 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The 90 points through four games is naturally going to get a team dismissed. Offense is sexy and the Bills are not scoring alot of points. They've scored less than just about all other teams, but they've allowed just 70; might be best in the league, but I'm not sure.

A franchise like the Bills really needs to win significantly or have a QB playing spectacularly to gain national attention.

I have very little interest in what the national media covers or doesn't cover. I want to see the Bills win ALOT of games. If that happens, they'll have no choice but to tune in.

They're second after the Patriots and their ridiculous low numbers after playing Luke Falk and whichever Miami QB drew the short straw that week.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Most of the country doesn't see what Bills fans see, because without NFL Sunday Ticket or some streaming thing they can't.  Here in Alaska the only Bills game on the regular channels was the game against the Patriots, which wasn't great advertising for the offense.  QBs are the stars and Allen sucked that day.  Great defenses are respected within the league but not sexy enough for the average fan.  So, don't expect much more attention unless the record demands it.

By the time Buffalo plays Dallas on T-day, they will have played 11 games and could easily be 8-3 or better.  They play Dolphins twice, the Redskins, and the Broncos during that stretch, all of which they should win easily, and they also face the Eagles and Browns, which are much harder to predict.  The Eagles game is in Orchard Park, and the Browns could be fighting each other by then.  The Bills really could be 10-1 at that point. 

I like where we are also.   Under the radar, underrated and out of the limelight.  The Baker with all of his endorsements and distractions is pi&&ing in his whiskey.   

No distractions, just good football here.   Going good.

9 hours ago, H2o said:

Buffalo is cold, dead, nothing to do there, no one wants to live there, FA go there to die, lost 4 SB, Music City Forward Lateral, 1 playoff appearance in 20 years, and the Pats have won many SB while dominating the division for years. The media narrative has been built up for about 20 years now. :censored: 'm, :censored:'m all, especially now that we're building something legit. 

Correct.   IMO, having listened to the jabs for the  35 years I've been down here in No. Va. , when the Bills demonstrate greatness on the field, the narratve will shift to how bad the area is.  There is no hope for the media narrative to improve.   The market is so small, no one has ever been there that did not grow up there, there is simply nothing to write about.  If the NFL re started today, WNY wouldn't get a sniff at a franchise.   Just enjoy it.   Don't look for Buffalo to suddenly be cool in the eyes of anyone.