Open Roster Spot...

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

I really hope we add a tackle. I’m really worried about the OL.  It’s week 5 and the injuries are piling up.  

I really don’t want to see Ford at RT anymore this year.  He’s gonna get JA killed.  

Maybe Bates can be a revelation?  

Not sure there are teams lining up to trade their good tackles

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Not sure there are teams lining up to trade their good tackles

The Jest quickly snapping up a tall pylon named Connor McDermott shows the dearth of good OTs

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Mat68 said:

I would like to see Buffalo double down on this year.  Buffalo will be in the playoffs.  Can they get past NE or KC?  With the defense they might.  Get an impact player.  Whether its offense or defense I dont care.  Buffalo is a player or 2 away from being a contender.

AJ Green. I think they realize they're 1 guy away too. 

7 hours ago, ColeB said:

AJ Green is 31 years old, this is his 9th season and he’s played a full season only once in the last 4.   Sure he could help, but only if it was for like a 3rd round pick.  With the word being he’d cost a first, I wouldn’t do it.  

Agreed. Give em a 3rd and the 5th we got in 2021 for Zay. 

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

I really hope we add a tackle. I’m really worried about the OL.  It’s week 5 and the injuries are piling up.  

I really don’t want to see Ford at RT anymore this year.  He’s gonna get JA killed.  

Maybe Bates can be a revelation?  

Teams are scooping up a Connor McDermott within a day of us releasing him.  That's the state of OL in the NFL. 

4/5ths of our line are very good, along with strong interior depth.  RT is a concern, but we could do a lot worse than Ty Nsehke.  If we need to use Ford/Bates at RT to buy time here and there, so be it. 

The line doesn't concern me at all.  It's actually pretty good.  

Aside from giving up a kings ransom for Trent Williams, which would be idiotic, i'd don't see a move out there to be made where someone is just willing to trade a decent RT.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Cairo Santos, he's their new MVP after all. 

misses from 50-and 53 off grass not easy kicks

we block it from 33 not his fault

missed from 38  - okay he missed this one the others  ? 

nfl kickers league wide 55% from 50 and more - why we think these are sure things when the FACTS say nope

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Teams are scooping up a Connor McDermott within a day of us releasing him.  That's the state of OL in the NFL. 

4/5ths of our line are very good, along with strong interior depth.  RT is a concern, but we could do a lot worse than Ty Nsehke.  If we need to use Ford/Bates at RT to buy time here and there, so be it. 

The line doesn't concern me at all.  It's actually pretty good.  

Aside from giving up a kings ransom for Trent Williams, which would be idiotic, i'd don't see a move out there to be made where someone is just willing to trade a decent RT.

Not sure how the OL doesn’t concern you.  You act as if the 33 year old Nsekhe, who missed last game and has been banged up all year is going to be healthy for the next 3 months.  

ford has been God awful at RT.  Maybe Bates is better than ford?  Can’t be worse, but I’d still be worried.  

the injuries are piling up.

Last game, morse stayed in his uniform, even though he could barely walk, because he was the only OL left if someone else got hurt.

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

4th

We got a 5th for zay.  The bengals are going to trade Aj Green for a 4th?  I don’t see that ever happening

Edited by NewEra

7 minutes ago, CardinalScotts said:

misses from 50-and 53 off grass not easy kicks

we block it from 33 not his fault

missed from 38  - okay he missed this one the others  ? 

nfl kickers league wide 55% from 50 and more - why we think these are sure things when the FACTS say nope

Who's saying anything about them being easy kicks? He's paid a whole crapload of money to kick a ball between two posts and on Sunday he failed miserably at that. He wasn't even close on one of them. I didn't even see the ball on that 38-yarder because he missed so bad. It was caca! He shall feel shame!

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not sure how the OL doesn’t concern you.  You act as if the 33 year old Nsekhe, who missed last game and has been banged up all year is going to be healthy for the next 3 months.  

ford has been God awful at RT.  Maybe Bates is better than ford?  Can’t be worse, but I’d still be worried.  

the injuries are piling up.

Last game, morse stayed in his uniform, even though he could barely walk, because he was the only OL left if someone else got hurt.

We got a 5th for zay.  The bengals are going to trade Aj Green for a 4th?  I don’t see that ever happening

Sure, injuries could be an issue, but none of them seem to be serious.

RT is also an issue, but there's maybe 1, possibly 2 lines with average-above average players at every spot on the line...

We have 4/5 average-above average OL, plus good interior depth.  We just have to make it work at RT.  Bates did look better than Ford at RT, in limited action.  Lets hope we found something there since Nsehke is a guy we definitely can't expect to play every snap.

Edited by SCBills

If it is deemed that the Bills need another WR. What are peoples thoughts on trading for Golden Tate?  Id offer the giants a 4/5 round, and move no lower than a third. He has been a constant play maker, a strong blocker on the outside. Seems to be wasting a year in NY. 

32 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Sure, injuries could be an issue, but none of them seem to be serious.

RT is also an issue, but there's maybe 1, possibly 2 lines with average-above average players at every spot on the line...

We have 4/5 average-above average OL, plus good interior depth.  We just have to make it work at RT.  Bates did look better than Ford at RT, in limited action.  Lets hope we found something there since Nsehke is a guy we definitely can't expect to play every snap.

i realize that we likely won’t be adding an established RT.  I’m just looking for someone that can play OT if guys go down.  We were down to the last man last week.  That’s all I needed to know to answer that question.

Beane and McD obviously disagree. We added a RB and a DE.  DE makes some sense as murphy has a head injury.

7 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Unless they’re holding out because their team has no process. 

Doesn't sound like the Redskins are looking to trade him anytime soon.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/10/7/20903262/report-bruce-allen-told-trent-williams-he-will-sit-out-for-the-year-trade-him-january-redskins-nfl

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Yav said:

Nope. IIRC, the holdout started over issues with the medical staff, and when the Skins didn’t budge shifted to money, etc too.