PFT Superlatives: More Talk that Bills are 3rd Best Team in AFC (maybe)

mykidsdad

we’ve played one great team (Pats), one good team (Titans), one mediocre team (Giants), and two bad teams (Bengals, Jets) so far. The next three games are a lot easier than the first five... two historically awful teams and one shaky team, all at home.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

we’ve played one great team (Pats), one good team (Titans), one mediocre team (Giants), and two bad teams (Bengals, Jets) so far. The next three games are a lot easier than the first five... two historically awful teams and one shaky team, all at home.

Jets were mediocre when we played them but they got worse due to Bills playing them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I definitely feel more confident about this team than the 2017 team. Better depth, better defense, and a QB that is much more dynamic (although much more turnover prone than Tyrod.) I think the team is just very well built and I do think that this team will not be afraid to add a weapon on offense or a pass rusher at a reasonable cost. The schedule is also shaking out very favorably with 6 games the team should be favored in and another 2 I would qualify as toss ups. I think 11 games isn't out of the question although I think 10 is more realistic. But at 11-5 they could land the 3rd best record in the conference. 

56 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Jets were mediocre when we played them but they got worse due to Bills playing them.

When Darnold comes back (is Mosley back?), they'll be a .500 ish team. Much better than their current record indicates, anyways. 

48 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

true, if Darnold was still healthy I think they’d maybe have a win.

Maybe. Their first half schedule is brutal.

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Look, the Bills have a solid team that is very young in a ton of areas. Allen is getting better and people are starting to watch games now that they are winning verses regurgitating old information. 

Simms was on the Bills all offseason, he's not just starting to watch now. He's got mancrushes on Josh and Derm that probably make his wife jealous

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mykidsdad said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/are-buffalo-bills-third-best-team-afc?ls=pftvod

I love that we are getting some credit, but, I'm a cynic. I think the Bills are good, but probably benefiting from a weak schedule. Are the Bills really better than the Texans? I don't know.

Not sure, but the Bills were right there with the Texans last season on the road until Allen was injured. Peterman came in and put the game away...for Houston. I’d give HOU the edge because Watson is incredible. 

I think we'd have a solid shot at beating the Texans at home, but lose to them in Houston. Baltimore is still a really strong team despite their recent woes. That'll be a critical game on the schedule. The Colts are building something there even without Luck and they curbstomped us last year at the LOS. We're better in that department, but that's a team to watch.

Definitely not crazy to think the Bills may very well be the 3rd best team.

They're right there with the Texans, Colts, Ravens

I'd probably give the Texans a slight advantage and the Colts/Ravens are 50/50.

Splitting hairs.

Right now the Bills record says they're 3rd. They're still a ~10-6 team in my book, give or take 1 game.

• Like (+1) 1

Schedule means nothing, KC each year has an easy schedule yet gets all the accolades of being great. 

NE hasn’t played anyone other than Buffalo and they won that due to a cheap shot. Look at the stats, the Bills beat the crap out of NE. All things considered, Buffalo has the best D and yes they are better than NE. 

let’s see what happens when the Bills play Miami. 

• Like (+1) 4