Zay Jones traded to Raiders for 5th rounder

HappyDays

2 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

Both teams win this trade.

Bye week, then squishee the fisheee!!

I think you are correct there. If Raider fans think they made a good deal, they're right! Giving up a 5th, two years out, is VERY inexpensive payment for Zay. If he works out, it's a STEAL. If it doesn't, they lost a 2021 5th round pick. They have plenty of draft capital, they won't miss it.  If they think they got a slam dunk great player, well then they might be disappointed. 

The Bills got a draft pick they can package to make a future trade. If they keep it, we've seen what Beane can do with later round picks.

Both sides should be relatively happy but neither should be gloating. 

• Like (+1) 4

21 hours ago, Big C said:

It is an open competition for now.

trust the process  : )

this is response to whipping boy

btw

seems some of you forgot how AMAZINGLY Bad Zay was his first season. record setting  awful. we all watched. how can one forget.

sure it is nice to wish him well, because he seems like a nice kid who tried.
 Perhaps i am on an Island but i wanted him gone year one at end of season.  year two i tried. year 3 i scratched my head

and would have preferred Mackenzie Foster Roberts Williams Sills McLoud  any one who might have upside.

Sorry Hapless we are at odds here.

something aint right upstairs with that Kid

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

I'm actually liking the Raiders this year. 

Huge Mayock fan and I watched Hard Knocks so I am more familiar with them than most other teams...

I’m in the same boat. Went into hard knocks not much of a fan. Came out liking the Raiders and hating AB. During the AB saga I was rooting for the Raiders to cut him and get rid of the distraction. Love that Gruden and Mayock finally did it. Came away from Hard Knocks rooting for the Raiders and Gruden to succeed. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dneveu said:

I look at mckenzie like... a lot of his plays are gadgets.  And thats fine.  Gadget players are helpful to jumpstart an offense, and he's made a lot of plays for us.  

Roberts is a returner first so he's basically special teams only with some looks here and there on O.  

Foster really is the one who... you hope can take another step.

Great example, we may not win last week without a gadget play to jumpstart the drive!

I forget who i got into it with last offseason, but they were adamant that Foster would solidify himself as a true #1 this year and the sky was the limit. I HOPED he would, and i suppose anything is still possible... but it was an instance where i actually hoped I was wrong.  I (i guess how some people refuse to put faith in allen being 'the guy' to be fair) just didnt see a game breaking true #1 WR as that poster did. We argued for a few pages before he eventually said something to the effect of 'i guess there's a chance he doesn't become that' but man... i wish i cld remember who that was so I could follow up. I guess thats what screen shots are for;)

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Here is another one, this one seems to be the most active out of the Raider boards

https://raiderforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15793&view=unread&sid=e8d0b0022fb28b911d2cff53b48ce677#unread

"I live in upstate NY and a lot of the bills fans here are pissed about it. he isnt amazing but has upside and we didnt give up *****"

I wonder who are these Bills fans that are supposedly pissed about this trade?

I thought the same thing digging through the various forums earlier today... like, i guess whatever ya gotta say to make yourself feel better - but holy hell, thats one out of touch take

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Without reading 18 pages, are the posters like @JoPar_v2 @LSHMEAB & @LOVEMESOMEBILLS hiding right now or are they owning up to Zay not being the "established NFL WR" some on here believe he was?

I can't believe we got a 5th for him!

Even if it's for 2021. Great job Beane!

When in the world did I EVER defend Zay Jones? I thought he was a waste of space by season one. I actually think they could have fetched more if they traded him in the offseason, but probably only a 4th, so meh. 

This told you so mentality is out of control.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

From ESPN.....  

With consecutive wins at the Indianapolis Colts and in London against the Chicago Bears, Jon Gruden gave the Raiders (3-2) the entire bye week off, except one player -- wide receiver Zay Jones, who was officially acquired in a trade with the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday.

"I'm gonna teach Zay Jones some plays today," a smiling Gruden said when asked how he was going to spend his bye week. "And I'm gonna come in tomorrow and teach Zay Jones some more plays."

Lucky Zay

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Lucky Zay

I don’t think he could have asked for a better landing spot if he is serious about extending his career. Carr’s strengths seem to align with what Zay likes to do.

I don’t think he is anything more than a fringe player on a bad team but he is going to get a fair chance with the Raiders. They don’t have depth.

3 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

From ESPN.....  

With consecutive wins at the Indianapolis Colts and in London against the Chicago Bears, Jon Gruden gave the Raiders (3-2) the entire bye week off, except one player -- wide receiver Zay Jones, who was officially acquired in a trade with the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday.

"I'm gonna teach Zay Jones some plays today," a smiling Gruden said when asked how he was going to spend his bye week. "And I'm gonna come in tomorrow and teach Zay Jones some more plays."

Gruden is going to inappropriately touch zay. You heard it here first. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1