Zay Jones traded to Raiders for 5th rounder

HappyDays

13 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Jets potentially

Wow, makin that 6,000 mile flight to be in WNY for the holiday season? Good for you! My favorite time to visit! I'm actually here right now and super bummed the 2 Sundays I'm here are the Titans game the other day and our bye week.

Oh well... gotta go off the public school breaks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, CardinalScotts said:

landing Duke covered this bad pick with interest. If your critical on one hand you have  to praise the other side

Picking up a street free agent does not excuse using 9 second round picks to select Zay Jones.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Didn't we use 6 second round draft picks to move up and get Zay?  Flipping for a future 5th rounder is pretty disappointing.

Better than nothing.  Not every draft pick is going to work out.  I'm glad to see this regime cut ties early and show decisiveness.

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Picking up a street free agent does not excuse using 9 second round picks to select Zay Jones.

I thought it was 6?

2 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Better than nothing.  Not every draft pick is going to work out.  I'm glad to see this regime cut ties early and show decisiveness.

I thought it was 6?

It was technically 11 2nd round picks, but who's counting? 

34 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yeah that's why I'm happy we got a 5th, even if it's in 2021.

Really wish we traded him before the season when his value was at its peak.

I guess Beane just really liked the kid and wanted to give him another shot.

sucks that we had to give up on a 2nd round pick we traded up for 2 years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I was not a Zay fan but the one skill he had that was really good were his hands. I believe confidence affected him.  He had some drops, won’t get that many opportunities, and probably over thought everything. I’m more than fine with him leaving but with a dink and dinker like Carr, I can see him making some plays.  But he will never be anything special.

Are you saying Zay was really good with his hands in college?  If so, then I would agree with you.  But I dont know anyone can really say his hands have been a good skill of his in the NFL.

Maybe his shaky hands have resulted from mental struggles or confidence issues and he can shake some of that off with a change of scenery.  But I think his hands were his biggest issue in his time here...bobbled too many of the passes he did catch, dropped too many passes, and just had such a limited catch radius with little ability to make tougher catches and contested catches.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thanks @MrEpsYtown but don't hold your breath.  People will STILL ignore the substance of the post and the thread that was not only spot on about Zay, but also Foster, Duke, and our off season.  The only thing I was off on was the timing of the trade, and I missed it by 5 weeks despite writing this thread in February before Free Agency even begun.  

In fact, here is the thread...GUARANTEE they don't even read my OP before saying I was "wrong".

LMAO at these comments above here, haters gonna hate.  Still trying to throw shade even though 100% of everything I said was proven spot on accurate.  From FA signings, to Duke, to Foster, and of course Zay and even the boldest part which was the trade.  Better yet, it was reported that they tried to trade him at roster cut downs like I predicted.   

At the end of the day, I made a prediction 9 months ago and was off by 5 weeks on the execution...and you still trying to hate.  LMAO.  

Not a hater, but who calls their shot in a headline "Calling it now!" and then misses on that very prediction. Yes, your content was fine. But your prediction was WRONG.

Stop backpeddinng and especially MUGGING with a picture of the disgusting phony athlete who can't seem to see fingers. 

Seriously, a modest "I was close" might have worked. But a taunting LAMP celebration is a bad look, when your prediction is WRONG. 

"Yeah! We lost. But I was right about what we needed to do. Suck on it!"  See, not a good look. That's the point I was trying to make. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Without reading 18 pages, are the posters like @JoPar_v2 @LSHMEAB & @LOVEMESOMEBILLS hiding right now or are they owning up to Zay not being the "established NFL WR" some on here believe he was?

I can't believe we got a 5th for him!

Even if it's for 2021. Great job Beane!

Your posts on Tyrod were infinitely worse than anyone you’re calling out.  

Come on man.     

I liked Zay coming out of college and thought he brought a lot of promise... but McBeane has done the right thing here by recognizing it is time to move on.  Call it a miss if you want, but everyone has misses.  They hurt, but it is myopic to get too upset about the miss, even though it was a second round pick that we traded up to get.  Even Hoodie/ the Evil Empire is known for missing on 2nd rounders... https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/patriots-second-round-draft-picks-under-bill-belichick-run-gamut  They just gave up on their 2018 second round pick... time to move on!  

Edited by One Buffalo

8 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Not a hater, but who calls their shot in a headline "Calling it now!" and then misses on that very prediction. Yes, your content was fine. But your prediction was WRONG.

Stop backpeddinng and especially MUGGING with a picture of the disgusting phony athlete who can't seem to see fingers. 

Seriously, a modest "I was close" might have worked. But a taunting LAMP celebration is a bad look, when your prediction is WRONG. 

"Yeah! We lost. But I was right about what we needed to do. Suck on it!"  See, not a good look. That's the point I was trying to make. 

LMAO at this post...back pedaling lol?  Whatever man, all good.  You know I was spot on everything I wrote in the post, and I even said in the opening of the very post the prediction could very well be wrong.  Its pretty petty and silly to sit back and piss and moan still about a thread title that both was NOT the substance of the thread and proved right and missed by only 5 weeks on a prediction made 9 months prior.  Not to mention, it was reported Bills tried to trade Zay before week 1 and it fell through,.  

And dude get off your high horse...I took a ton of s*** for something I ultimately was right about and stayed civil about despite all the trolling I took.  I earned the right to poke fun a bit and you clearly have some serious issues with wrestlers or something and also seem to have no clue what the gesture he is doing actually means lol

Same people still cant read past a headline and just appreciate what was a pretty good thread for TSW overall and ultimately pretty accurate not just on Zay, but Duke, Foster, Free Agency, and even the trade compensation.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO at this post...back pedaling lol?  Whatever man, all good.  You know I was spot on everything I wrote in the post, and I even said in the opening of the very post the prediction could very well be wrong.  Its pretty petty and silly to sit back and piss and moan still about a thread title that both was NOT the substance of the thread and proved right and missed by only 5 weeks on a prediction made 9 months prior.  Not to mention, it was reported Bills tried to trade Zay before week 1 and it fell through,.  

And dude get off your high horse...I took a ton of s*** for something I ultimately was right about and stayed civil about despite all the trolling I took.  I earned the right to poke fun a bit and you clearly have some serious issues with wrestlers or something and also seem to have no clue what the gesture he is doing actually means lol

Same people still cant read past a headline and just appreciate what was a pretty good thread for TSW overall and ultimately pretty accurate not just on Zay, but Duke, Foster, Free Agency, and even the trade compensation.  

Image result for I believed you GIF

• Haha (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO at this post...back pedaling lol?  Whatever man, all good.  You know I was spot on everything I wrote in the post, and I even said in the opening of the very post the prediction could very well be wrong.  

Well you were wrong about your called shot. You knew you might be. So just admit you were wrong about that. That's all I'm saying. 

Some of the content in your post was quite good (though nothing that revelatory). Like I said, a little humble/modest post about how you had so much right, but were WRONG with your prediction might have served you better. Just sayin.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

Well you were wrong about your called shot. You knew you might be. So just admit you were wrong about that. That's all I'm saying. 

Some of the content in your post was quite good (though nothing that revelatory). Like I said, a little humble/modest post about how you had so much right, but were WRONG with your prediction might have served you better. Just sayin.

Except I already did all that when the prediction was wrong...so there's that too.  

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Interesting tidbid pointing to something GMs have over Mayock...

Because he’s been public with his past draft rankings, other GMs know players he liked coming out. 

Interesting a raiders poster knew Mayock liked Zay coming out. 

Probably a good starting point if you are shopping a player around. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was willing to give him time as he’s had a lot of different QBs since he came here but this season I began to think that any throw to him was just a wasted down. 

Looked a lot like josh started feeling that way too. 

Once that happens it’s time to move on... 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

If I read the OP correctly, it's a 2021 pick, which I think is considered equivalent to a round lower in the next dra, so a fifth in 2021 would be considered equivalent to a sixth rounder in 2020, so not so "wow!" especially since the Bills spent a 2nd and a 3rd on him in 2017.  

The fact that we got anything for him is pretty amazing.   I thought he was going to get cut.

This is in the DE Johnson or TE Sweeney range from this last draft

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

His deep ball tracking was honestly my biggest issue with him.  He was solid on the deep crossers - his hands improved from year 1 - he just couldn't get on the same page as Allen on deep passes and they want foster there on gamedays i think.

Yeah never much of a deep ball guy. I thought he could handle a Bob Woods role, but that’s the Raiders problem now. And even though I defended him vehemently for a long while, I don’t care if he averages 300 yds a game for the raiders now. It was time to move on. Maybe his issues were exacerbated by a bad scheme fit or chemistry with the QB. Don’t know. 

Foster is the next one that you wonder about. Duke didn’t just go from PS to roster. He got the second most targets of the WRs.

He leapt over McKenzie, Foster and Roberts albeit Foster is hurt.

Still open question whether Foster has stuck with the process or if he is the next target to be upgraded. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1