Zay Jones traded to Raiders for 5th rounder

HappyDays

6 hours ago, KRT88 said:

Who could t see this one coming? 

Good luck Zay, I wanted to draft you but sadly the stay was disappointing. 

i did not, really wanted Cooper Kupp and i think it might have happened if we had Beane and didnt hire Zay's coach from college. Kupp is definitely a process guy.

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Lol a 2021 5th. Oh well. The guy was a complete let down. Good luck. Take care

we were lucky to get that

6 hours ago, Dopey said:

DAMMIT!! What am I going to do now?

Seriously, getting anything is a plus for the Bills. I trust the process.

Go Duke and more importantly, GO BILLS!!!

we can still complain about Yeldon :D

6 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Like I said, a bag of chips...

Kyle Williams and Matt Milano were bags of chips.

6 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Reunited with Peterman!

And it feels so good. ??

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Who is the new designated whipping boy?  Cody Ford?

Yeldon

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

6 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Probably, Lawson seems to have earned a reprieve for now.

Play well and you're off the list. Lawson has earned it some will still  be there because they aren't productive.

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I will miss seeing Zay nekkid. That is all. 

cant say that myself :D

just glad his brother was there or  Zay would be dead.

I remember Zay having a good senior bowl and being interviewed where he said something like teams will regret not taking Cooper Kupp in the first round.  It was on odd thing to say.  We should've hired him as a scout instead of drafting him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

He just never could be counted on. He got more then enough opportunities with the crappy depth we had at WR but he just couldn’t put it together.  Good luck to him in the future, maybe a different scenery will be good for him.

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Didn't we use 6 second round draft picks to move up and get Zay?  Flipping for a future 5th rounder is pretty disappointing.

Well thank the good Lord he was fired right after that draft.

3 hours ago, Estelle Getty said:

Me n Beane are on the same wave length, cause that’s exactly what I thought we could get for him

Great! What is he thinking now? OR.......do you make him think what you want him to think????? Hmmmm.....

Edited by fansince88

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This does surprise me, but hopefully Beane is collecting draft picks to use in getting help somewhere else this week. I hope Zay is able to reboot and have a decent career there.

And speaking of the Raiders, it is nice to have the gullible younger brother who will always fall for your tricks and end up doing your chores for you when mom and dad aren't looking.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Some Raiders fans think they got Jerry Rice. 

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?3908-Raiders-acquired-WR-Zay-Jones-from-the-Bills-in-exchange-for-a-2021-fifth-round-pick

"Catches everything thrown his way."

"Can run a go route."

0 for 2. 

LoL, is this guy for real?

I live in upstate NY and a lot of the bills fans here are pissed about it. he isnt amazing but has upside and we didnt give up sh*t

I have yet to see a Bills fan upset by this move.

Disappointed it didn't work out maybe but not one PISSED about the move.

raider-forum

Edited by stosh64
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Doesn't matter if they got a 2029 5th for Zay, I think we were lucky to get anything for someone that may have been cut by the end of the bye week. Even if they would have opted not to cut him, you are looking at being inactive the rest of the year. Go Beane!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I prefer to pretend to myself that Milano was the 2nd round that year and Zay the 5th. 

It happens that way sometimes

46 minutes ago, Conlan58 said:

Doesn't matter if they got a 2029 5th for Zay, I think we were lucky to get anything for someone that may have been cut by the end of the bye week. Even if they would have opted not to cut him, you are looking at being inactive the rest of the year. Go Beane!

Who is playing if two of our WR get injured?

One word for you: depth

1 hour ago, stosh64 said:

LoL, is this guy for real?

I have yet to me a Bills fan upset by this move.

Disappointed it didn't work out maybe but not one PISSED about the move.

raider-forum

I am pissed about a bad pick in 2017. I could care less about his departure because it doesn't affect the offense (except by making it better in that they won't be wasting snaps when he's on the field). 

Raiders fans reading this: No one in Buffalo cares that he's gone. His stat line last year was the result of him being the only WR who was on the team in game 1 and game 16. Imagine if Hunter Renfrow was your #1 WR, he'd also have 650 yards (41 yards per game) and 7 TDs, but you wouldn't be satisfied. That's how Zay was last year. He was the default WR. Drops, catches with body, no RAC ability, no downfield speed...all the negatives in his college scouting report were right on--total college system WR. But he is a good young kid and I hope it works out for him. 

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Williams, McKenzie, Roberts, Foster are all guys I'm fine seeing out there over Zay.

And AJ Green.  

Edited by Sundancer
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Go get Sills V if that happens. Hell there has to be half a dozen practice squad receivers out there that this staff would trust more than Zay at this point...

2 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I am pissed about a bad pick in 2017. I could care less about his departure because it doesn't affect the offense (except by making it better in that they won't be wasting snaps when he's on the field). 

Raiders fans reading this: No one in Buffalo cares that he's gone. His stat line last year was the result of him being the only WR who was on the team in game 1 and game 16. Imagine if Hunter Renfrow was your #1 WR, he'd also have 650 yards and 7 TDs, but you wouldn't be satisfied. That's how Zay was last year. He was a default WR. Drops, catches with body, no RAC ability, no downfield speed...but he is a good young kid and I hope it works out for him. 

Williams, McKenzie, Roberts, Foster are all guys I'm fine seeing out there over Zay.

And AJ Green.  

Williams was out there last week as a de facto starter, and by physical skills he’s not able to carry Brown & Beas shoes let alone jocks.  Not knocking the Dukester, just sayin

Roberts is decent.  He’s got a full route tree and can both separate & get open.

I have yet to see route running and pass catching in traffic out of Foster and Mckensie.  If we’re starting them we’re in trouble.

16 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I am pissed about a bad pick in 2017

You must be pissed a lot.  Draft picks are a crap shoot -- even first rounders.  McD/Beane have done an excellent job of drafting since arriving in Buffalo.  No team hits on all picks.

Zay Jones isn't "awful" -- he just didn't develop into the reliable option they envisioned.  Getting a 5th back after two and a half seasons isn't terrible.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Williams was out there last week as a de facto starter, and by physical skills he’s not able to carry Brown & Beas shoes let alone jocks.  Not knocking the Dukester, just sayin

Roberts is decent.  He’s got a full route tree and can both separate & get open.

I have yet to see route running and pass catching in traffic out of Foster and Mckensie.  If we’re starting them we’re in trouble.

The Bills lack a true #1 WR and won't get him this year. 

But Zay isn't that guy and I'll take their current depth over Zay. 

3 minutes ago, eball said:

You must be pissed a lot.  Draft picks are a crap shoot -- even first rounders.  McD/Beane have done an excellent job of drafting since arriving in Buffalo.  No team hits on all picks.

Zay Jones isn't "awful" -- he just didn't develop into the reliable option they envisioned.  Getting a 5th back after two and a half seasons isn't terrible.

"Pissed" was in response to the Raiders forum post about how "people in Buffalo are pissed he's gone." I was echoing that post and correcting the idea that anyone in Buffalo would be mad about with respect to Zay. I don't really care that he's gone at all (who would?). It was just a bad pick. ***** happens. 

Edited by Sundancer
  • Like (+1) 1