Zay Jones traded to Raiders for 5th rounder

HappyDays

16 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Didn't EJ go to Oakland also?

yes

image.png.6640373f637dd5e799352066e49f046e.png

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I doubt they let Knox or Sweeney get that open in the endzone. No one expects them to throw it to him when Lee Smith is in so sometimes he's a ninja.

he's the opposite of a ninja

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Yeah, I hated the trade up, but every team makes bad picks.  We’ll survive it.  The Patriots have cut A TON of second round picks before their rookie deals were over.

The Patriots survive bad picks because in-demand UFAs will play for less money given their penchant for winning Super Bowls.  Buffalo ain't in that category yet. 

Bills flirt with trade for Antonio Brown to replace middling receiver core led by Zay Jones. —> Brown snubs Bills. —> Raiders trade 3rd and 5th rd pick for Brown. —> Brown is mentally insane. —> Brown gets cut from Raiders because he’s mentally insane. —> Bills greatly improve receiver core without Antonio Brown rendering  Zay Jones expendable. —> Bills trade Jones to Raiders for 5th round pick. —> Bills get 5th round pick and avoid massive headache in the form of toddler-in-adult body (an insult to toddlers everywhere) while fixing recieving core. —> Raiders trade a 3rd and 2 5ths for Zay Jones. —> Antonio Brown sets catch record for most completed unemployment checks caught by one #######. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Yep....cutting the losses is right,  given the circumstances I think it’s certainly better than just cutting.  It was a disaster of a pick from the start.  Wish the Bills could redo that selection!

How was it a disaster from the start?  The guy set NCAA Division I records for receptions in a season and career.

4 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

I supported Zay, alot, but agree it's time to move on.  Duke was clearly the better looking WR after just 1 game.  Good luck to Zay, and hopefully that future 5th rounder is a gem for us.

And credit is due to AlphaDawg, great call on the trade!

Thanks bud 

Cheers :beer:

3 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Are all the guys complaining about a wasted second round pick forgetting to give credit for signing Duke without spending any draft capital?

I prefer to pretend to myself that Milano was the 2nd round that year and Zay the 5th. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1