Zay Jones traded to Raiders for 5th rounder

HappyDays

10 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

My take is that Zay will have better soil to grow into a solid #2 in Oakland.  Here the offense was a revolving door at most every position, and he received poor coaching, and the offensive strategy was random.  While defenses didn't necessarily game plan to shut him down, he was considered as our #1.  He got most of the attention.  He was never able to pick up any momentum here.  Here, the OL, QB, and even RBs have been in transition.   Carr is a better QB right now than our guy.   I think he is, and will be, a better player than he was here.  Good luck Zay.  Go Bills!! 

I hope your boy’s new soil has less drops planted in it.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

A 5th for Zay is pretty good but in retrospect, the 5th is a terrible return on a player that the team traded up to get, bypassing JuJu Shuster Smith.  If McDermott made that call then damn....terrible waste of a draft pick 

Part of growth mindset is admitting a mistake and moving on.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

A 5th for Zay is pretty good but in retrospect, the 5th is a terrible return on a player that the team traded up to get, bypassing JuJu Shuster Smith.  If McDermott made that call then damn....terrible waste of a draft pick 

Draft picks are a lottery.  You win some, you lose some

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, pop gun said:

I guess one game of the Duke was enough to seal the deal that Jones was done as a Bill.

Duke may not set the world on fire, but the team realized it was time for a change. ZJ was a disappointment relative to his draft status. 

1 minute ago, foreboding said:

Part of growth mindset is admitting a mistake and moving on.

And someone else’s mistake at that. Why is this so hard? I look at what they are building, and while not 100% perfect....they are making people reach to find the negatives to whine about. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Draft picks are a lottery.  You win some, you lose some

Yeah, I hated the trade up, but every team makes bad picks.  We’ll survive it.  The Patriots have cut A TON of second round picks before their rookie deals were over.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have Watkins on my FF team. Great start. Crickets since.

It's been a Chiefs most receiving yards merry-go-round. I started Hardman last week!!! :sick:

Watkins

Hardman

Robinson

Pringle

?????? (PRESENT)

Hill (FUTURE)

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The corollary to that is not dwelling on the 'what ifs' and 'should haves' years and years later...

Indeed.

But picking a guy who doesn't pan out isn't necessarily "a mistake" one needs to admit to. If you have a process, and if that process has proven to work, you follow the process. You won't always be right. But if you followed the process, and you look back and say "Given the info we had at the time, would we make the same decision?" If the answer is "Yes", then it isn't a mistake. It's a bad beat, perhaps. But whatever you call it, when you've decided it isn't working, you have to move on.

Same with fans. Holding a grudge because the team didn't pick the guy you KNEW would be great, is just stupid, IMO. Move on.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Any internet tough guys who jumped on @Alphadawg7 earlier this season want to man up and give him his props? Yes Zay made the opening roster, but analysis was on point and he only made it through 4 weeks and 1 play. Good riddance Zay. I hope you had the time of your life. 

Thanks @MrEpsYtown but don't hold your breath.  People will STILL ignore the substance of the post and the thread that was not only spot on about Zay, but also Foster, Duke, and our off season.  The only thing I was off on was the timing of the trade, and I missed it by 5 weeks despite writing this thread in February before Free Agency even begun.  

In fact, here is the thread...GUARANTEE they don't even read my OP before saying I was "wrong".

52 minutes ago, The Dean said:

That probably won't get it done from what I'm hearing. Just FYI

I didn't jump on Alpha early in his initial prediction post, but he was WRONG. You make a bet/prediction and you stick to it. You don't fudge. Had he said "Zay won't make it to the midpoint of the season" he would have deserved props. 

46 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

Give him props for what? He was wrong. How long of a grace period do you expect for “on the opening day roster?”

LMAO at these comments above here, haters gonna hate.  Still trying to throw shade even though 100% of everything I said was proven spot on accurate.  From FA signings, to Duke, to Foster, and of course Zay and even the boldest part which was the trade.  Better yet, it was reported that they tried to trade him at roster cut downs like I predicted.   

At the end of the day, I made a prediction 9 months ago and was off by 5 weeks on the execution...and you still trying to hate.  LMAO.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thanks @MrEpsYtown but don't hold your breath.  People will STILL ignore the substance of the post and the thread that was not only spot on about Zay, but also Foster, Duke, and our off season.  The only thing I was off on was the timing of the trade, and I missed it by 5 weeks despite writing this thread in February before Free Agency even begun.  

In fact, here is the thread...GUARANTEE they don't even read my OP before saying I was "wrong".

LMAO at these comments above here, haters gonna hate.  Still trying to throw shade even though 100% of everything I said was proven spot on accurate.  From FA signings, to Duke, to Foster, and of course Zay and even the boldest part which was the trade.  Better yet, it was reported that they tried to trade him at roster cut downs like I predicted.   

At the end of the day, I made a prediction 9 months ago and was off by 5 weeks on the execution...and you still trying to hate.  LMAO.  

Was Zay on the opening day roster or not? I’m not “trying to hate.”  I’m simply  questioning why anyone should apologize for doubting your incorrect statement. 

• Like (+1) 2