MNF: Browns at Niners (-4.5) 8:15 ESPN

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Mayfield is 8 of 22 with 2 picks. I know Josh had an awful game against the Cheats, but people just need to chill on these young QBs. Even though Baker has more weapons than Josh, it takes time folks. They can’t all be Mahomes. 

Mahomes is unique.  He's the modern day version of Dan Marino.  But QB's like Marino & Mahomes who are great right from the get go are very rare. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, jkeerie said:

I always hate when they talk about Belichick's brilliance when it's really the other coaches stupidity. 

That IS Belichick's brilliance.   He doesn't beat himself in a leauge where it happens 10-12 times a week...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

The Browns look awful. They are about to implode. No way a rookie head coach will be able to keep these egos in check while he’s coaching so poorly. 

I feel bad for Browns fans. All that smoke blown up their butts all offseason long, turns out to be just a smelly fart.

• Haha (+1) 1

Through the first 3 quarters with the game on the line, Mayfield is 8 - 22 for 100 yards; 2 INT's and 1 lost fumble.  Now if Mayfield plays most of the 4th quarter he's going to pad his stats big time against 49 back-ups and prevent defense.

This is why analytics are almost useless in the NFL.  More then any sport, a guys stats are dependent on when in the game they came.  It's like a RB who has a couple of big runs at the end of a 35 - 7 beat down.  Or a QB that throws a 50 yard hail Mary TD at the end of a game they're losing by 3 TD's. 

Edited by CincyBillsFan

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Mayfield is 8 of 22 with 2 picks. I know Josh had an awful game against the Cheats, but people just need to chill on these young QBs. Even though Baker has more weapons than Josh, it takes time folks. They can’t all be Mahomes. 

Tomorrow, homer Browns radio (which unfortunately infiltrates Cbus too) will drone on about Baker’s accuracy and that the Bills are a sure W on their schedule because Allen isn’t accurate. Every. Damn. Day. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That IS Belichick's brilliance.   He doesn't beat himself in a leauge where it happens 10-12 times a week...

So he's brilliant because the other coaches ARE stupid.  Maybe he's just not stupid. 

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Mahomes is unique.  He's the modern day version of Dan Marino.  But QB's like Marino & Mahomes who are great right from the get go are very rare. 

This is why a rookie sitting on the bench for his first year is pretty important. Even Josh sitting on the bench for a few weeks after his injury helped him immensely. 

• Like (+1) 1