Josh Allen vs Bills History

Allen is on pace for over 4000 yards passing 26 total touchdowns and 22 picks.  Over the last 40 years only two Bills qbs have had better seasons Kelly in 89 and 91 and Bledsoe in 2002.

Still not a huge fan of Allen but wondering if this changes anyones thought on him or if its a larger reflection on how bad the qb play has been here?

While he makes some big mistakes, Allen is a gamer.  He elevates his game in the 4th quarter when we need it the most.  It's the "it" factor that many other Bills QBs have lacked.  Fitz, for example, had many huge games with big passing numbers and multiple TDs.  When the game was on the line, however, he usually threw a pick or fumbled the ball.  Tyrod was a little different.  He didn't have the big passing numbers that Fitz had, but he similarly lacked the ability to get it done when the game was on the line.  Rather than a pick or fumble, Tyrod meekly turned it over on downs. ☹️

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 2

I hope to god he slows down that INT rate. If he can remain efficient without the turnovers, we will have something on our hands. 

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I overreacted to his INT yesterday, but we all have to remember that a 23 year old from Wyoming, who was a one man gang, is working with 9 nine new starters.

We have to be patient, things might actually work out. ?

I did too. He does need to keep that number a lot lower than its at but each pick from here on out will make me cringe more than it probably should. 

11 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I want him to be great. If he can tone down being a turnover machine, throw more TDs and lead this team to wins over good teams then I will fully buy into him being our franchise QB.

Titans are a good team, and a fair test of our strength.  We did well, better than the score suggests.  

And as much as we hate them, the Patriots are an elite football operation not just on O but also on D.  We were overmatched from the beginning, and the game was never as close as the score suggests.

When Allen was drafted, most of us knew that he was fairly raw by NFL standards. What we are witnessing is his apprenticeship. I believe that he is making good progress with the expected bumps in the road, and the sudden demands of a team on the rise. The very things that should make him an even better quarterback in the future. 

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 3

I am all for letting the kid play his game, his way. He is smart, he WILL figure it out. Last year he got blasted in the draft for his completion percentage. He finished at what yesterday? Will he make mistakes? Yup. Love his drive determination and heart. The sky is the limit for him and the team. We have a young defense, an offense still trying to gel, a ST coach who is learning on the fly, and yet we are 4-1. Can't say enough about what Beane and McDermott are building in Buffalo. Its been a  long long time coming. and with the type of culture that has been created and the "process" that is currently in place. I am going to enjoy every second of this rollercoaster ride.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Allen is on pace for over 4000 yards passing 26 total touchdowns and 22 picks.  Over the last 40 years only two Bills qbs have had better seasons Kelly in 89 and 91 and Bledsoe in 2002.

Still not a huge fan of Allen but wondering if this changes anyones thought on him or if its a larger reflection on how bad the qb play has been here?

I think we’ll need an entire season to see what he has.  By Week 16, if we aren’t sure whether he’s the Bills QB of the future that’s an issue.  

49 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I overreacted to his INT yesterday, but we all have to remember that a 23 year old from Wyoming, who was a one man gang, is working with 9 nine new starters.

Yeldon should take the L for the INT...why did he just stop running the route?

51 minutes ago, njbuff said:

THIS.

I think a lot of people forget that Josh was the LEAST NFL-ready of all the QB’s coming out last year. While he’s progressed quicker than I think a lot of us expected, he’s still raw. He was never going to be a Mahomes. We all knew that. 

He was supposed to be a couple-year project. The fact that he’s where he is as quickly as he got here is a blessing, IMO. And he should still have a long way to go.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yeldon should take the L for the INT...why did he just stop running the route?

I keep seeing this and it’s simply wrong. There was no “route” at that point in the play. It was sandlot football and they were just reacting to Allen. Yeldon obviously thought he had a soft spot to sit down while Allen thought he was going to keep going. They just weren’t on the same page. It was not “Yeldon’s fault.”

Allen just need to throw the ball away there and let his defense earn their money. Throwing the ball into a swarm of defenders when he’s not sure what his teammates are doing is a recipe for disaster.

• Like (+1) 1