Pats release TE Ben Watson

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No no no. It only looks that way to mere mortals like us. This is 12-D Chess.

In all seriousness, I won't be surprised if Gronk returns after week 8, and if that's the case, that might be playing a role in this. I have every expectation that they'll be 8-0 by then given their upcoming schedule (NYG at home, NYJ in NY, and Cleveland at home). 

The five games after that: Ravens on the road, Eagles on the road, Cowboys at home, Texans on the road, Chiefs at home.  That's a brutal five-game stretch.

The final three are Bengals on the road, Bills at home, and Miami at home. All are probably fairly easy victories, so the worst they'll likely be is 11-5. It's more likely, however, that they'll end up at around 13-3 with the number one seed. 

Edited by dave mcbride

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

In all seriousness, I won't be surprised if Gronk returns after week 8, and if that's the case, that might be playing a role in this. I have every expectation that they'll be 8-0 by then given their upcoming schedule (NYG at home, NYJ in NY, and Cleveland at home). 

I don't expect Gronk back with his cannabis oil endorsements and all that. I can see them trading for a guy like Kyle Rudolph though. 

Is it feasible to think that the Patriots* did this simply to keep other teams from signing him?

With him being suspended, anyway, I'm not sure what they'd gain from doing that.  But there has to be a method to this madness.

During suspension, is a player allowed to look at playbooks?

Edited by Gugny

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Is it feasible to think that the Patriots* did this simply to keep other teams from signing him?

With him being suspended, anyway, I'm not sure what they'd gain from doing that.  But there has to be a method to this madness.

During suspension, is a player allowed to look at playbooks?

BB said they couldn't find anyone to release to create a roster spot. They feel their team is great as is and doesnt need to be tinkered with.