Is the Cheats* D as good as it appears to be?

Arguably, the Cheats* D has had it easy this year.  They have faced the #28 (Skins), #29 (Steelers), #31 (Fins), #13 (Bills) and #32 (Jets).  The best team they faced statistically, the Bills have a QB who is still learning the game and was without their best RB.

There is a chicken and egg here, the teams they played may be ranked as poorly as they are because NE* has such a good defense.  Alternatively the Cheats* D may be statistically good because they have not been tested.

Personally, while I think the Cheat*s D is good their statistics are overstated at this point of the season.

Your thoughts?

They will get exposed! It’s all smoke and mirrors! Truth is......they blow! Imposters! Bottom 5 in the league, you’ll see!

Well, a guy can dream! 

They are legit, but not ‘85 Bears kind of legit. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

I personally don't think the Pats D is as good as the national media thinks it is.  They were lucky to get past us, having a rookie QB and Singletary out, as mentioned.  Let's see what happens when they play Dallas, Philly, and KC.  They'll drop a few.

• Haha (+1) 1

It's too early to make these kind of all time judgements, but the Patriot's defense has allowed less than half the points that the '85 bears did through the first 5 games. And average scoring is higher today than it was in 1985. You can argue that the Patriot's haven't played anyone with a strong offense yet, which is true, but at this point you have to give them their due.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

It's too early to make these kind of all time judgements, but the Patriot's defense has allowed less than half the points that the '85 bears did through the first 5 games. And average scoring is higher today than it was in 1985. You can argue that the Patriot's haven't played anyone with a strong offense yet, which is true, but at this point you have to give them their due.

I think you offer a balanced view with your comments.  Time will tell how good they really are.  I honestly believe they really have not been tested yet.

Nope.  Just some more talking head hype. They will be exposed soon enough. Their DB's are good.  That's about it. Other than the Bills, they have played teams that are horrible. They have to make the Pats* D sound and look like an all time great so when they do get exposed,  the heat is on the D and not Marsha. 

Edited by loyal2dagame

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

Seemed good to me last week when they were harassing Josh all game. I don't know if it's quite early 2000's good, but they are currently top 3 in the NFL for sure. 

You mean back when they knew every play the offense was going to run because they had been illegally videotaping practices for year? 

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, H2o said:

Seemed good to me last week when they were harassing Josh all game. I don't know if it's quite early 2000's good, but they are currently top 3 in the NFL for sure. 

They were good but the Bills still put up 375 yrds on them. Pats only put up 224 on us...they are good but not as good as the Bills are.

• Like (+1) 2

They are really good in the secondary and linebacker level. But I think their weakness will be depth and overcoming inevitable injuries. They appear good at defending the pass but I don’t feel their run defense is as tough as people think.

Using the Eyeball test, the Patriots* defense is top five.  We are also top five.  Neither defense has done it against good offenses. The Bills have at least done it against a couple average offenses.  Patriots* gave up over 400 yards to the Bills - the only average offense they've faced, and it was on JA's worst day.  Tougher stretch of games coming the Patriots way...

• Like (+1) 1