Good Morning Football Discusses Bills: Are the Bills in the same category as the Pats and Chiefs?

mykidsdad

The conversation gets interesting around 1:05. I think we have a lot to prove still, but I like where we are. (Personally, the Texans are probably better than us right now, but it isn't crazy to think the Bills are 3 in the AFC.) Wow.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You know I was thinking this morning, are the Bills Super Bowl contenders? And it didn't sound all that crazy in my mind. Which isn't to say we are one of the Super Bowl favorites, or even in that conversation. But right now I don't see any team in the league we can't compete with. I thought the Chiefs were running away with it this year but now I'm not sure. Everyone looks beatable. If we make it to the playoffs, and I believe we will, anything is possible.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

We are nowhere near them right now. Cheifs and Pats will start separating from the pack by late November.  

next year? Sure if this defense doesn't collapse and Allen improves. but as of now we are still a team learning how to win. Our defense is bound to have a few off games this season and when that happens will Allen be able to bail them out?  

Edited by dous21
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You know I was thinking this morning, are the Bills Super Bowl contenders? And it didn't sound all that crazy in my mind. Which isn't to say we are one of the Super Bowl favorites, or even in that conversation. But right now I don't see any team in the league we can't compete with. I thought the Chiefs were running away with it this year but now I'm not sure. Everyone looks beatable. If we make it to the playoffs, and I believe we will, anything is possible.

Saw a list of the teams in some tweet or whatever before the game with the Bills below the Pats and Chiefs. What came to mind was there wasn't a team behind them that I couldn't see them being able to beat.

We're not even close to those guys. The problem with relying on a good defense, is that eventually they're going to have a bad game(s). At that point you need an offense capable of scoring at will to pull you through those situations. We have a Buffalo Classic offense that we can count on for a cool 10-17 points a game, and that type of jauron-ball just isn't going to get it done over the long haul. We need players and play-calling capable of racking up 1 play TDs when we need them.

Very happy we're 4-1, but we aren't beating the league's best out there.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JustWinPlease said:

No, not even close, to put it bluntly.

Those teams have elite QB's that win them games...we have a QB that holds us back.

You mean, the guy who just started his 16th NFL game? The guy who was 17/21 in the first half, with 2 throw aways and 2 drops? I don’t know how this will turn out, but his ceiling is ridiculous. I’m optimistic. 

I was just about to wonder where all the “realists” were!   ? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, dous21 said:

We are nowhere near them right now. Cheifs and Pats will start separating from the pack by late November.  

next year? Sure if this defense doesn't collapse and Allen improves. but as of now we are still a team learning how to win. Our defense is bound to have a few off games this season and when that happens will Allen be able to bail them out?  

Nowhere near them?

Colts just beat the Chiefs.

Bills lost last weekend to the Pats by 6 points in a game where they scored a a Td on a blocked punt and our starting QB threw 3 interceptions. Not to mention Allen getting knocked out of the game for the entire 4th quarter after seemingly starting to figure things out.

The Bills might be #3 in the AFC, but it's not a distant 3rd.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, dous21 said:

Teams, including the Pats and Chiefs will separate, but only because a boatload of them are rushing to the bottom. 

• Like (+1) 1

The league is very muddled these days. Few teams at the top, few at the bottom and a ton in the middle. The teams in the middle can change really fast. Sometimes due to injuries and sometimes for no reason at all. 

Bottom is clearly - MIA, NYJ, WAS

Next Bottom - CIN, DEN, AZ

The Closer to Bottom than top - OAK, ATL, PIT, NYG, TEN, TB, CAR, IND, JAC

The Closer to Top than Bottom - HOU, MIN, BAL, SEA, CLE, LAC, BUF, DET, SF, GB, LAR, PHI, CHI, DAL, NO

The Top - NE, KC

Luckily for Bills this season we play 7 games against the bottom of the league. So we can split the remaining 9 games vs mid to better teams and still finish with 11-12 wins. This is the season that anyone could wind up in the AFC title game. Its a year to take advantage of. I do think we are below the Chiefs and Pats, but I when you have a good defense you can make anything happen.