Should Bills be looking at some early extensions. (something for bye week).

MAJBobby

11 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

You might want to work on two year extension for both Poyer and Hyde. Lock then down a little longer. 

I’d keep Wallace, Alexander, and Phillips. The others i’d keep if they could be had for cheap to decent sized contracts. 

I would love to see them do that. Keep Poyer & Hyde around longer right now, then worry about White & Wallace.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Would you be trying to use the Bye week to lock up a couple Key Extension(s) now. 

No.  While your post is well thought out,  all I could think of was the Fitzpatrick extension.  

Wait until the season is over. 

The problem is the way Phillips is playing he’s gonna want that big contract. I don’t see the Bills giving it to him especially with Harrison Phillips coming back, Ed Oliver, and even the emergence of Kyle Peko who has been playing very well. 

Lawson is kind of in the same boat. Murphy, Hughes and Johnson are in the rotation and I expect them to give Mike Love as well as Free Agents or draft picks to fill in the rest. 

The good old news is this is how good teams operate like the Patriots have for years. Get the most out of decent players, some other team gives them a big contract, said team gets comp picks, decent player doesn’t live up to their contract. 

I think its more likely you see extensions for key players like Poyer, Tre White etc

Levi Wallace is the only one I would try to lock up.  He might bite on a team friendly deal because he’s made no bank and you can’t risk not making money when you can because of the very nature of this sport.