Week 7 Against Miami - Allen's First 300 Yard Game

H2o

Over/Under on the following stats:

- How many rushing yards does Gore get?

- How many passing attempts does Allen have?

- How many passing yards does Allen get?

- How many turnovers on each side?

- How many sacks does our D get?

- How many total yards of offense?

Edited by Rocky Landing

18 hours ago, H2o said:

Next up on the schedule after the bye week, the Miami Dolphins. A team that is tanking, even though they won't admit they are tanking. Not really going out on a limb here with this, but if ever there were a game where Josh should be over 300 yards with 3 or more TD passes then this is it. It would also be nice to see Allen get his first 300+ yard passing game while not committing any turnovers in the process. It's almost haiku time everyone. :beer:

H2o this team honestly doesn't pile on anybody, jets and Dolphins game aside from last year.

I'm thinking 28-7, and a 250 or so yard day, with about 150 or more on the ground.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....sure they're woefully woeful++.....but there are too many painful memories through the drought when posting prognosticators predicted our schedule by game and penciled in Fins as a "sweep".....Jesus, coming off the bye at 4-1 and allowing this to be a trap game would be "excessive bourbon with  Pepto Bismol chaser(s) time consumption"....and I'm low on Nitro pills.....

Good Lord, I am trying to remember was it the Steelers that came to The Ralph and sat all their starters and we thought there was no way we were going to lose and got kicked in the nuts?

The PTSD may be messing with my memory, but thought it was Pittsburgh.

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Good Lord, I am trying to remember was it the Steelers that came to The Ralph and sat all their starters and we thought there was no way we were going to lose and got kicked in the nuts?

The PTSD may be messing with my memory, but thought it was Pittsburgh.

...good memory!.....Moo's 2004 club sat at 9-6 needing to beat the Steelers' third string at Pittsburgh....win and we're in, ending the schneid.......and we fell flat to end up at 9-7 followed by 5-11 disaster in 2005.....

https://buffalowdown.com/2011/04/20/chronicles-of-failure-january-2-2005-steelers-29-bills-24/

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills last 300 yard passing game was 2016 OT vs. Miami.  And note that was the only game that year they threw for 300.

No wonder some here suffer from Stockholm Syndrome and go on about not needing to throw for 300....  It happens for every team in the NFL but Buffalo!!!!!   

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...good memory!.....Moo's 2004 club sat at 9-6 needing to beat the Steelers' third string at Pittsburgh....win and we're in, ending the schneid.......and we fell flat to end up at 9-7 followed by 5-11 disaster in 2005.....

https://buffalowdown.com/2011/04/20/chronicles-of-failure-january-2-2005-steelers-29-bills-24/

Oof!

That's the one, and a cautionary tale for the next gen fans. Not to throw a wet blanket on the great start the team has made.

Enjoy the wins, but the Bills need to take it one game at a time and don't look past any team.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, dous21 said:

I want to see Singletary with a 100 yard game. Allen needs to get help from his RB's. so far this season we have not had a single 100yard rusher. 

uhhhh Frank Gore would like a word.

image.thumb.png.4c765d4410b13a203a45a53be075b092.png

Edited by jletha
  • Like (+1) 1

Miami is giving up *squints at computer screen* 175 rushing yards per game. Pound the rock. Let the defense feast on Josh Rosen.

Bills should be able to get enough of a lead early that they run the ball a ton to bleed the clock, which will also help prevent a 300-yard passing day.

And I'll say this: If somehow Buffalo struggles to win this game, I'll be worried. I know the Dolphins are terrible, but the part of me that's scarred from the past 20 years of Bills football prevents me from ever being able to overlook any opponent. None of this "let them hang around until the end" crap. This is NOT a Sunday that I want to see a game-winning drive from Josh Allen, because the Bills need to dominate the Phins to such an extent that a game winning drive is not necessary. If there's one game all season long that the Bills need to dominate for four quarters, its the Dolphins at home coming off a bye week.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

Throw for 300 yards vs Philly or on Thanksgiving.  Those games the defense could give up more than 20.  Miami should be multiple 100 yard rusher performance.  Gore and Singletary each.  I'm curious to see what the offense looks like off the bye with the whole offense hopefully healthy for the first time all season.

Call me crazy, but my feeling is that we are in a much more comfortable winning scenario if JA throws between 200-300 yards.  If he’s over 300, I’d guess that means we are in a close game.  I’ll expect him to exceed 300 on Thanksgiving, but no need to blow your load on the Fish. 

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I want to see Matt Barkley taking snaps by the middle of the 4th quarter.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I want to see the Bills offensive and defensive lines dominate.   If they do, we run the ball very well and stop Miami from scoring.

I want to see a mistake free game from Buffalo.   If that happens, Buffalo's superior player talent and coaching will result in a confident win.

If the offense still isn't clicking for some reason and makes enough mistakes the Bills could end up losing this embarrassingly or have it be another close nail biter.   It is a division game after all.

I don't see the Bills losing this one at home though.   Maybe when they play in Miami.   Not here though.    I think the Bills defense will have their way with the Miami quarterback.   Turnovers will favor the Bills this game.