Week 7 Against Miami - Allen's First 300 Yard Game

H2o

Its weird, that people will respond with, that you don't care about anything else, except winning. If somebody said they wanted to see a certain player score a touchdown, or Tom brady getting sacked, would people honestly say they don't care at all about that, they just want to win? If somebody said they want to see a Hat Trick or a fight in a hockey game you would respond with "I just want to win."? If all I cared about was winning, I would just turn the game on with 5 minutes to go, and see what the score is. But I watch the entire game, because "I want to see how exactly we did win the game." Saying you want to win is not a valid argument in this case, we all want to see this team win. This OP was created, I believe, to discuss if you think Josh Allen can possibly get to 300 yards against a defense like the one coming up.

• Like (+1) 1

:lol: People piss and moan about Josh not being like other elite QB's, but then piss and moan that I suggested this could be the game where he finally passes for 300 yards. I'm not talking about FF, I am not saying it like this defines who he is, it's not about media recognition, and I'll take whatever as long as we get the win as well. It was merely an observation that he is facing a favorable defense where this could be the first one of his NFL career. Some of you all need to go back to wearing boxers instead of thongs. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

NO!

I hate that.  I want them to try to score every possession with the game plan that is in place.  Score and score again.  Then score some more.  And when they have given up, score again.  Winners don't coast.  Losers coast.  Losers do their best.  Winners go home and ***** the prom queen.

I hope you feel better.  I would prefer coasting :)

I'd appreciate it if Josh were to advantage of playing a game against a terrible team by stepping on their throats and having this game be a foregone conclusion by the end of the third. Would love for Barkley to be playing in the 4th quarter and being able to rest starters. For that reason, I hope Josh doesn't need to put up 300

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

I believe Josh's stats and the offense will improve with the return of Tyler Kroft and Robert Foster. I like Knox/Sweeney, but the don't put fear into any defense yet. Kroft's presence will make them respect him. I'd still get on the phone with Washington and inquire about Jordan Reed

I think they were saying this last concussion could be it for Reed.

Call me superstitious but I don't want to look past Miami as though it's already in the win column. They're terrible but going 0-16 is HARD to do so you have to believe they have at least one win in them somewhere. Someone on a podcast I listen to had it right: the front office may be tanking but the players arnt. They will be hungry every game they play to get a victory and a bit of respect. Plus they hate us so they'll be revved up to play well. 

If they start the game well they might believe they can pull a shocker. The key with a team like Miami is to bury them early because their heads will drop quicker than most. A couple of nice long drives to put them in their place and they'll unravel soon enough

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Call me superstitious but I don't want to look past Miami as though it's already in the win column. They're terrible but going 0-16 is HARD to do so you have to believe they have at least one win in them somewhere. Someone on a podcast I listen to had it right: the front office may be tanking but the players arnt. They will be hungry every game they play to get a victory and a bit of respect. Plus they hate us so they'll be revved up to play well. 

If they start the game well they might believe they can pull a shocker. The key with a team like Miami is to bury them early because their heads will drop quicker than most. A couple of nice long drives to put them in their place and they'll unravel soon enough

They'll beat someone in that Miami heat.  Someone mailing it in late in season.  

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I don't give a crap about annofnthe stats... other than the number in the Win column.   I say... don't take any team lightly and do what it takes to get a win.  

Why don't more TBD posters get this?

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

14-0 & then they let the defense take over.....  Same story week after week.  Scoring points is anathema when it comes to the Bills.   Anything over 21 is a result of the defense or will be a mistake.

Exciting offensive football is not their style. 

I knooooow, you want showtime, a Pinball Wizard with Arena Football League excitement, nothing boring for you; but for the fans on this board just win baby!

1 hour ago, wagon127 said:

The 300 yard passing game, are the kinds of numbers the best QB's in the league throw for.

Of course wins are more important. But if Allen's numbers are mediocre against this terrible team, most Bills fans will definitely care about that.

Nope, only the Arena Football League fans pass through the NFL!

3 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Its weird, that people will respond with, that you don't care about anything else, except winning. If somebody said they wanted to see a certain player score a touchdown, or Tom brady getting sacked, would people honestly say they don't care at all about that, they just want to win? If somebody said they want to see a Hat Trick or a fight in a hockey game you would respond with "I just want to win."? If all I cared about was winning, I would just turn the game on with 5 minutes to go, and see what the score is. But I watch the entire game, because "I want to see how exactly we did win the game." Saying you want to win is not a valid argument in this case, we all want to see this team win. This OP was created, I believe, to discuss if you think Josh Allen can possibly get to 300 yards against a defense like the one coming up.

And we'd have some people here waxing poetically about the Clevelland Brown's Buffalo Bills 6-3 embarrassment if the Bills had won that day!!!!

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again he'll learn more throwing for 300 then 175 and check downs.  

Like so many fans, you probably have no idea what a 300 yard passing game looks like as it has been over 2 seasons (and took overtime to get there)...... 

Yup, your a football genius!

1 hour ago, wagon127 said:

Try reality TV!