Week 7 Against Miami - Allen's First 300 Yard Game

H2o

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

NO!

I hate that.  I want them to try to score every possession with the game plan that is in place.  Score and score again.  Then score some more.  And when they have given up, score again.  Winners don't coast.  Losers coast.  Losers do their best.  Winners go home and ***** the prom queen.

Yeah...coasting is not always cool. Can lead to bad habits.

9 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I wanna see the defense get a couple turnovers, Singletary get 10-15 carries and a few screen pass opportunities, Allen connect on a few passes down the field

They need to start scoring in the 20s.  They’ll need to in the 2nd half of the season.  

Against who?

Dallas?

Pittsburgh?

Baltimore?

So many people afraid of teams that at the moment don't look all that amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

14-0 & then they let the defense take over.....  Same story week after week.  Scoring points is anathema when it comes to the Bills.   Anything over 21 is a result of the defense or will be a mistake.

Exciting offensive football is not their style. 

Except in the 4th Q with the game on the line and Allen allowed to reveal his superhero status? Plenty exciting football to watch I’d argue! :flirt:

1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Dak three for almost 500 yards... and they lost. Get the dub. I’m more excited to see if our defense can shut the fish out..or maybe even put them in negative scoring

Take a look at the number of three and outs the D has forced the past two weeks.

It's entirely conceivable that the Fish may not get a first down.

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

For once, I'd like to be developing our Quarterback to be Elite some day. I want to win of course, that's a priority over everything else. If the opportunity presents itself, light up the stat lines. How many of the Quarterbacks, that we consider elite, have done that to our weak defenses over the years? You aren't the least bit curious if Josh Allen can put up those kinds of numbers?

They are developing Allen. He's been under coached at the college level and has gotten by on his athletic ability against sub standard competition. At the start of the season the goal was to get his completion percentage up, it is. He's now reading defenses and making adjustment, starting to slide, beginning to throw the ball away. He's coming along as a quarterback. I believe that he's on track to becoming elite. I think by the playoffs he'll be significantly better but give it another year and he'll be a in the elite conversation. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I hope not.  I’d rather see Singletary get 125 yards, Gore get 80, Allen simple and efficient throws because the game is over by halftime 

Again he'll learn more throwing for 300 then 175 and check downs.  

Like so many fans, you probably have no idea what a 300 yard passing game looks like as it has been over 2 seasons (and took overtime to get there)...... 

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Next up on the schedule after the bye week, the Miami Dolphins. A team that is tanking, even though they won't admit they are tanking. Not really going out on a limb here with this, but if ever there were a game where Josh should be over 300 yards with 3 or more TD passes then this is it. It would also be nice to see Allen get his first 300+ yard passing game while not committing any turnovers in the process. It's almost haiku time everyone. :beer:

Trap game

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I would much rather see Singletary with his first 100+ yard game 

This is almost what I came here to say.

I would just replace “I would much rather” with “I think it’s more likely we”. 

Id actually rather see Allen’s 1st 300 yard passing game. It’s more symbolic for the development of our offense.