That final drive was amazing

They ran it down the throat of a good defense on the road while missing multiple starting OL. It was beautiful. You just don't see that often in this league anymore. Killing 4+ minutes on the ground to end the game. Impressive. It gives me confidence to say this Bills team is different from all the others that started fast.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 18
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

it was bizarre we were able to rattle off multiple 10+ yard runs in a time when they knew we were running. The only thing they couldnt do was let us get first downs and we werent gonna pass and they just let us do it.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They ran it down the throat of a good defense on the road while missing multiple starting OL. It was beautiful. You just don't see that often in this league anymore. Killing 4+ minutes on the ground to end the game. Impressive. It gives me confidence to say this Bills team is different from all the others that started fast.

In the past we would have ran the ball three times for 1 yard each and then punted...Not this Bills team.  

• Like (+1) 1

Three games ago , there were a lot of posters complaining on here about the “ Conservative play calling”.  Also, the fact they were using Frank Older than Dirt Gore On said plays.

This week , many wanted Singletary rushed back.

We have started to show teams they have to honor our rushing attack for its power. 

They also have to honor our rushing game for its trickiness.

A nice situation to be in!

AND, Singletary has had a month to rest/ rehab the hammy.  

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I'd like to see them run it more during the other 56 minutes of the game.

I don't think Allen is ready to run a 65% pass vs 35% run offense.

I think they will once Singletary comes back, but I also think they are giving Allen every opportunity to run the offense, take his lumps and (hopefully) grow every week. 

1 minute ago, jletha said:

it was bizarre we were able to rattle off multiple 10+ yard runs in a time when they knew we were running. The only thing they couldnt do was let us get first downs and we werent gonna pass and they just let us do it.

Our OL is shaky at times, but they play with a mean streak. And of course, Lee Smith and Knox and mean mofos themselves.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, jletha said:

they didn’t let us do it... we imposed our will and did it anyway!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big C said:

I think they will once Singletary comes back, but I also think they are giving Allen every opportunity to run the offense, take his lumps and (hopefully) grow every week. 

Perhaps, but even when Singletary was playing we weren't using him that much. He only has 5 attempts per game.

Maybe the thought was to bring him along slowly and increase his workload as the season went on, though.

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Agreed.

It will pay dividends in the future though. JA needs the reps which he is getting while we win.

38 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Absolutely.  Especially considering they went three and out the drive before with incomplete passes and took less than a minute off the clock.  

• Like (+1) 1

When the Titans sold out and threw everything but the kitchen sink into every gap on the right side of the line, and Josh seemed surprised for a split second that there was no one to account for him on that bootleg and waltz to the first down keeping the clock rolling....you just saw the last of the compete dribble out of that Titan team.

Having been there as a Bills fan so often I have to say it feels so much better being on this side of these games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Three games ago , there were a lot of posters complaining on here about the “ Conservative play calling”.  Also, the fact they were using Frank Older than Dirt Gore On said plays.

This week , many wanted Singletary rushed back.

We have started to show teams they have to honor our rushing attack for its power. 

They also have to honor our rushing game for its trickiness.

A nice situation to be in!

AND, Singletary has had a month to rest/ rehab the hammy.  

Nobody's gonna complain when you're up 7 in FG range with less than 3 minutes left. Now if you pull that stuff in the middle 3rd quarter only up 7 points when another score will essentially ice the game (especially with this D) and your coordinator is more concerned with time management instead of scoring then yeah there's a problem and reason to complain. 

Conservative play has been a topic for argument but luckily it hasn't hurt us. Almost (ie Giants and Bengals)

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Nobody's gonna complain when you're up 7 in FG range with less than 3 minutes left. Now if you pull that stuff in the middle 3rd quarter only up 7 points when another score will essentially ice the game (especially with this D) and your coordinator is more concerned with time management instead of scoring then yeah there's a problem and reason to complain. 

Conservative play has been a topic for argument but luckily it hasn't hurt us. Almost (ie Giants and Bengals)

When you are coaching a Green QB on a rebuilt offense you don’t come out firing on all cylinders.

It takes time for all 11 guys to find their groove/ cohesion.

51 minutes ago, MJS said:

There's nothing quite like ruining a positive thread by pissing in the punchbowl.  Geez Louise.  Was it impressive to run out the last 4+ minutes of the game on the ground against a good defense on the road or not?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Colts were even better at it last night against the Chiefs than the Bills.   The Colts were downright masterful running the ball.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

There's nothing quite like ruining a positive thread by pissing in the punchbowl.  Geez Louise.  Was it impressive to run out the last 4+ minutes of the game on the ground against a good defense on the road or not?

If I ruined the thread for you that speaks more to you than it does to me. Don't let my comments affect you so much.

Just now, Shaw66 said:

The Colts were even better at it last night against the Chiefs than the Bills.   The Colts were downright masterful running the ball.  

Agreed though KCs front 7 is nowhere as good as Buffalos or Tennessee's for that matter.