Could a Missing Link in the WR Room Be DUKE !!

T master

In which Duke “ catches” passes, yes the WR room is indeed better, Duke brings a higher level of desire/hunger than ZJ ever did, not to mention his substantially better ability to do the number one thing that WRs are supposed to do, catch the ball, yes catching the damn ball! YAC comes 2nd, and Duke has that too.  Brown, Beasley and Williams all demand attention at a higher level than ZJ does, this increases the burden on a defense, which opens up more opportunities for our whole offense.  Will this group work as we all hope?  I for one think yes it will.

Go Bills!!!

He fills several needs for the offense that many of the posts have identified.  One of the more subtle things that he improves is the blocking on running plays.  He is a willing blocker with a more physical presence than Zay or any of the other receivers.  Although we didn't see it on Sunday, he's the kind of blocker that can make bubble screens a real weapon.  I'll be very interested to see how much he is used in the future

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont want to put too much pressure on him here.......

If he can provide us a red zone threat and block for the run then he already is a success

It doesnt take away the need for the team to continue to search for a true number 1

I agree, though you know if Foster can get his ***** figured out with Duke playing well this offense could become a lot more fun.

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I agree, though you know if Foster can get his ***** figured out with Duke playing well this offense could become a lot more fun.

This.  The WR unit can be solved in-house if Foster gets himself healthy and focused.  

Brown/Foster - deep, intermediate threats. 

Duke - big, chain moving, red zone threat. 

Beasley - quick, chain mover

McKenzie - speed, gadget player

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Where is Zay? What does he bring to the table?

Food after the game...?

12 hours ago, T master said:

There have been a lot of questions at the WR position this season some that were answered by signing Brown, Beasley but one that has come up lately about the subject has been "why all the Zay Hate" ?

Well yesterdays game with the insertion of DUKE being brought up from the PS shows why, the guy is a gamer which was stated in the preseason the guy is hungry & in his mind after what he has been through being let go & going to the CFL he feels he has something to prove to all the NFL that he is worthy of being in the league .

The games in todays NFL are won & lost by a couple of key plays & in the previous games some of those plays weren't made by certain players that could have been enough to put a W in that column but weren't,  yesterday those couple of plays were made IMHO by having Duke on the field & i hope the coaching staff noticed that he is worthy of a roster spot every week !! 

The Bills WR group just got a little better not because of the speed he brings but his being hungry so let him eat & be another guy that Josh can depend on down in the red zone or anytime a play needs to be made .

I think this was a awesome move on McD's part & will pay off big time going forward . If this is being talked about in another similar post my bad !! 

He is certainly the size element we are missing.  I still think Zay will be a good NFL WR once he toughens up mentally but If Duke is getting comfortable and confident then they can pick one and get rid of them for all I care.  Dudes a beast.

55 minutes ago, Margarita said:

this video came across my feed tonight filmed 3 years ago it tells about his college past and worth a listen. Wishing him all  success and best in Buffalo

I am wondering how many of his college coaches and teammates call him up and tell him they knew he had it in him to change.

I know his fellow Eskimos are cheering for him.

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I am wondering how many of his college coaches and teammates call him up and tell him they knew he had it in him to change.

I know his fellow Eskimos are cheering for him.

that's a good question I would hope so.  I found this video very compelling I hope more 2BDers watch it today.

• Like (+1) 1