Could a Missing Link in the WR Room Be DUKE !!

T master

There have been a lot of questions at the WR position this season some that were answered by signing Brown, Beasley but one that has come up lately about the subject has been "why all the Zay Hate" ?

Well yesterdays game with the insertion of DUKE being brought up from the PS shows why, the guy is a gamer which was stated in the preseason the guy is hungry & in his mind after what he has been through being let go & going to the CFL he feels he has something to prove to all the NFL that he is worthy of being in the league .

The games in todays NFL are won & lost by a couple of key plays & in the previous games some of those plays weren't made by certain players that could have been enough to put a W in that column but weren't,  yesterday those couple of plays were made IMHO by having Duke on the field & i hope the coaching staff noticed that he is worthy of a roster spot every week !! 

The Bills WR group just got a little better not because of the speed he brings but his being hungry so let him eat & be another guy that Josh can depend on down in the red zone or anytime a play needs to be made .

I think this was a awesome move on McD's part & will pay off big time going forward . If this is being talked about in another similar post my bad !! 

• Like (+1) 2

Two things that stuck out to me.

1) He has hands man. Zay drops sooo many. So do our TE's at the moment, though I am hopeful for Knox

2) Power, one of his catches he turned a quick tackle and no gain into 3 or 4 yards, the dude is big and strong and can drag some people and run through some tackles, that will show up in weeks to come

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I think people have way too high expectations for him.  Let’s see how it goes

Well what exactly is too high? 

If he can play the way he did yesterday that's all I expect/need. 

He didn't blow up the stat sheet but he was a possession receiver. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I think people have way too high expectations for him.  Let’s see how it goes

I don't think anyone thinks he's gonna have 1200 yards a season. He's just the gap filler the bills have been needing. He's the big reciever that can make contested catches and a big red zone threat. I see him with 600-700 yards and maybe 7-8 tds, which Imo woukd be pretty helpful 

• Like (+1) 2

While I think Williams bring an element of physicality ( and steady hands) to the WR corps that was missing, he’s still a role player type. The Bills need a number 1 “ matchup” kind of WR to make their passing game above average. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, T master said:

There have been a lot of questions at the WR position this season some that were answered by signing Brown, Beasley but one that has come up lately about the subject has been "why all the Zay Hate" ?

Well yesterdays game with the insertion of DUKE being brought up from the PS shows why, the guy is a gamer which was stated in the preseason the guy is hungry & in his mind after what he has been through being let go & going to the CFL he feels he has something to prove to all the NFL that he is worthy of being in the league .

The games in todays NFL are won & lost by a couple of key plays & in the previous games some of those plays weren't made by certain players that could have been enough to put a W in that column but weren't,  yesterday those couple of plays were made IMHO by having Duke on the field & i hope the coaching staff noticed that he is worthy of a roster spot every week !! 

The Bills WR group just got a little better not because of the speed he brings but his being hungry so let him eat & be another guy that Josh can depend on down in the red zone or anytime a play needs to be made .

I think this was a awesome move on McD's part & will pay off big time going forward . If this is being talked about in another similar post my bad !! 

duke was excellent last yr--strange how he didnt make the real team right away.weird.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think he's THE solution, but he certainly helps. 

End of the Pats game, what if Barkley throws that high pass in the end zone to Duke instead of Zay?...

He's a better player with a skillset we need. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2