The other Allen. Kyle Allen ... off to a great 4-0 career start

14 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I was going to say the same thing - I thought he was about as bad as could be in that game - slow reads - slow throws.  

I am happy for him, but it only goes as long as the D and the running game takes them.

As with a number of QB's / SB winners (and not yet participated SB contestants).   

13 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

5 TD's no INT's...66.7% Completion percentage, 107 QB rating in 3 games...

However now teams have film on him...it will be interesting to see what happens from game 5 to the end of the season....I'm going to guess he starts dropping off like Wentz did

How much of that is because of just dumping passes to a McCaffrey though?  

He hasn’t been asked to put the team on his back and win them a game yet, he’s just being asked to get the ball to McCaffrey and not take chances.  

So too early to make any real conclusions on him.  He’s looked more like a backup QB playing as a game manager more to me than a future franchise QB.  But to be fair to Allen, that’s also all he’s been asked to do.  

I mean McCaffrey is averaging 170 yards per game, which is insane.  

He was 6 of 16 on passes over 5 yards yesterday.

So far, 2 of 7 on passes ( in air) of 20 or more.

First three games 5 sack for five fumbles. He fumbled again yesterday but they recovered the ball.

The Panthers are getting HOF level play from CMC. Their D is also holding up their end( till yesterday?)

WE have the Right Josh AND Allen?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

He was 6 of 16 on passes over 5 yards yesterday.

So far, 2 of 7 on passes ( in air) of 20 or more.

First three games 5 sack for five fumbles. He fumbled again yesterday but they recovered the ball.

The Panthers are getting HOF level play from CMC. Their D is also holding up their end( till yesterday?)

WE have the Right Josh AND Allen?

That's what McCaffrey is, a future Hall of Famer was really depressed we didn't trade up for him, also wanted to trade back up for TJ Watt after. Thankfully we got a great player that year for once.

38 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm skeptical of Minshew and Allen. Let's see them play some more.

Minshew II is a keeper, Kyle Allen, meh.

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

5 TD's no INT's...66.7% Completion percentage, 107 QB rating in 3 games...

However now teams have film on him...it will be interesting to see what happens from game 5 to the end of the season....I'm going to guess he starts dropping off like Wentz did

Wentz had a MVP season in his 2nd year 

14 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

That's what McCaffrey is, a future Hall of Famer was really depressed we didn't trade up for him, also wanted to trade back up for TJ Watt after. Thankfully we got a great player that year for once.

In an alternate universe, you put him on our team currently and we are in the SB contention mix.

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How much of that is because of just dumping passes to a McCaffrey though?  

He hasn’t been asked to put the team on his back and win them a game yet, he’s just being asked to get the ball to McCaffrey and not take chances.  

So too early to make any real conclusions on him.  He’s looked more like a backup QB playing as a game manager more to me than a future franchise QB.  But to be fair to Allen, that’s also all he’s been asked to do.  

I mean McCaffrey is averaging 170 yards per game, which is insane. 

That is insane.  On the other hand, Kyle Allen is averaging ~225 YPG, of which only about 1/4 go to McCaffrey...so there is more than McCaffrey to his game.

• Like (+1) 1