The other Allen. Kyle Allen ... off to a great 4-0 career start

5 TD's no INT's...66.7% Completion percentage, 107 QB rating in 3 games...

However now teams have film on him...it will be interesting to see what happens from game 5 to the end of the season....I'm going to guess he starts dropping off like Wentz did

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

However now teams have film on him...it will be interesting to see what happens from game 5 to the end of the season....I'm going to guess he starts dropping off like Wentz did

4 lost fumbles tho

1 minute ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Im lost and maybe im missing something, Panthers are 3-2.  How can he be 4-0 as a starter?

Cam played the first two-both Losses. Kyle got his first start against Saints scrubs in week 16 last season. 1 W last year 3 this year..

• Like (+1) 1

Good for him; however, who knows how long it will last. It really is hard to judge QB success in the short term - much like Minshew. They look good at the moment, but it can all change quickly.

The media loves to annoint players on a limited sample of play. I believe Lamar Jackson was the darling of the media after his first two games this year - and being talked about as a potential league MVP. He still may; however, he has looked pretty pedestrian over his last three starts and, all of a sudden, not talked about as much. Not to pick on Jackson - just an example.

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, jletha said:

He looked AWFUL against us in the preseason. Im actually surprised he is playing well because of that but good for him.

I was going to say the same thing - I thought he was about as bad as could be in that game - slow reads - slow throws.  

I am happy for him, but it only goes as long as the D and the running game takes them.

16 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Good for him; however, who knows how long it will last. It really is hard to judge QB success in the short term - much like Minshew. They look good at the moment, but it can all change quickly.

The media loves to annoint players on a limited sample of play. I believe Lamar Jackson was the darling of the media after his first two games this year - and being talked about as a potential league MVP. He still may; however, he has looked pretty pedestrian over his last three starts and, all of a sudden, not talked about as much. Not to pick on Jackson - just an example.

Exactly.

Some young QBs start strong, then fade off as defenses begin to gather film and notice tendencies.

Some young QBs start slow, but improve with learning and development.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, jletha said:

He looked AWFUL against us in the preseason. Im actually surprised he is playing well because of that but good for him.

IMO he looked awful because he faced the Bills D.

Nearly every other young buck is getting their 15 minutes of fame  why not Kyle? 

SF backup last season, Meinshcew or whatever, Brisset (though a 3 or 4 year vet) 

49 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Very possible.  

Still not a bad record for a street FA / undrafted player.  

46 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Im lost and maybe im missing something, Panthers are 3-2.  How can he be 4-0 as a starter?

he was on the Panthers team LAST season  

43 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Nevermind.  This goes back to last season but NFL.com shows this as his first season.

image.thumb.png.cab3b348fe12a6bff739b8088ab7f70f.png

LOL  the damn internet 

• Like (+1) 1

He was the #1 guy coming out of high school so there is a ton of raw ability there. He really was a victim of circumstance in college, but he still has a long way to go. No sure if it sustains, but they guy has some pedigree. He and Josh train together with Darnold and I think we had him in for a workout last year before he re-signed with the Panthers. 

• Like (+1) 1