Bill Barnwell's Speculation for a Bills trade for Melvin Gordon

inthebuff

4 hours ago, inthebuff said:

Should the Bills make the suggested trade?  Or should we stand pat with the running back by committee we have?

I'd rather stand pat and develop Singletary with Gore as the mentor, rather than trade for Gordon and limit Singletary's touches and progression.

I would Normally say No. I would not trade for Gordon. However, Yeldon and a 3rd and get back a 5th with Gordon. I think I could handle that package as long as it doesn’t come with a AVV contract of 10M plus. 

Can let him walk at end of year and get that Comp pick (if you don’t sign a bunch of UFAs)

Edited by MAJBobby

I like the on-field Gordon, know that Gore is going to need some rest and am worried about Devin’s hamstring injury lingering. All of that should indicate that I am for this trade. But, I am not and neither will McBeane be. Chemistry is so essential to the process and Gordon’s chance of disrupting that are better than Shady’s ever was and they released him. RB is not a priority worth risking for and I doubt he’d be long for Buffalo anyway.

I'm not against it.  Get good football players.  More the better.  Coaches are responsible for assimilating the players into the locker room.  Simple, the guy wants to feel wanted. Whether its him or any other player available.  If its usage or money those are why good football players become available.  

It is lazy to say we dont need Gordon. He is one of the best backs in the league. He instantly upgrades this offense and adds an element that would help out Allen a ton as his security blanket. Gore has been steady and good at what he asked to do. Singletary is still in unknown. Yeldon would not be missed. If this could get done for a 3rd and Yeldon you take it in a heartbeat. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

They can alway bring back Murphy or Ivory. Neither of which will have to learn the playbook. They aren’t great talents, but they’re plug and play. 

The Bills are in the midst of a playoff run.  Is 'plug and play' good enough for a playoff run?

If the trade terms are accurate, and they are probably not, I'd rather play in NE with Gordon on the roster instead of Murphy, Ivory, or even Yeldon.

On 10/7/2019 at 11:13 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

We have Singletary. Don't need Gordon. A RT or WR is another story.

I agree.  I've really liked Nsekhe when he's played, but his health status makes me concerned about how available he'll be week to week, and that scares me because Ford is not a tackle. 

3 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

The Bills are in the midst of a playoff run.  Is 'plug and play' good enough for a playoff run?

If the trade terms are accurate, and they are probably not, I'd rather play in NE with Gordon on the roster instead of Murphy, Ivory, or even Yeldon.

If Gore or Singletary are out for the season and we need to retool... you’re absolutely correct. It comes down to cost. I’d be happy if they picked him up for a 3rd round pick. Anything more and my inner skeptic will come out to play....

for example...

My concern with Gorden is that as good as he is, he’s playing in Lynn’s system with Rivers as the QB. It’s extremely RB friendly. I’m not certain that he’d be as good in B-Lo. 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

If Gore or Singletary are out for the season and we need to retool... you’re absolutely correct. It comes down to cost. I’d be happy if they picked him up for a 3rd round pick. Anything more and my inner skeptic will come out to play....

for example...

My concern with Gorden is that as good as he is, he’s playing in Lynn’s system with Rivers as the QB. It’s extremely RB friendly. I’m not certain that he’d be as good in B-Lo. 

I disagree.  Singletary showed this as well.  The runs Gore gets10-15 Gordon gets you 20-30.  The Oline is responsible for the rushing yards with Gore.  Gore at this point will get the yards that are there, but not much more.  In an attempt to compete with KC and NE, I would like to see Buffalo make a move like this.  Gordon upgrades the rushing attack and underneath passing attack.  

I am 100% yes to this proposed trade.  Basically giving up a 3rd for Gordon.  Plus we get a 5th round, so if you want to average, it's a 4th for Gordon.  Big YES to that.  

24 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Singletary is our now and our future, there is no need imo.

why not 2 great RB's?  Singletary is on rookie deal.  Saints had Kamara and Ingram for a while.  

Would do this in a heartbeat. Would give us gordon/singletary combo for the next few years. 

im a singletary fanboy. But i dont see him being a lead back. We are a rbbc but gordon has breakaway speed and size singletary doesnt. But those two as a rbbc would be pretty bad ass

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I am 100% yes to this proposed trade.  Basically giving up a 3rd for Gordon.  Plus we get a 5th round, so if you want to average, it's a 4th for Gordon.  Big YES to that.  

why not 2 great RB's?  Singletary is on rookie deal.  Saints had Kamara and Ingram for a while.  

This.  Keep Singletary to 10 to 15 touches.  Gordon between the tackles.  Because Buffalo has player X doesnt mean a player cant be brought in that's better.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

This.  Keep Singletary to 10 to 15 touches.  Gordon between the tackles.  Because Buffalo has player X doesnt mean a player cant be brought in that's better.

True, but why give up a 3rd round pick to rent a player for 12 games. And NO! I don't want to sign another RB to a bloated contract. The RB position is arguably the easiest position to replace and least valuable position in football right now.

?

1 minute ago, MrSarcasm said:

True, but why give up a 3rd round pick to rent a player for 12 games. And NO! I don't want to sign another RB to a bloated contract. The RB position is arguably the easiest position to replace and least valuable position in football right now.

?

RBs are still a very valuable part of a team

10 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

?

You would have 2 seasons of control.  You trade for him and give him a 3 year deal all paid this year and next and hes happy.

13 minutes ago, nucci said:

RBs are still a very valuable part of a team

Yes but they are the least valuable part of a team. I'd rather have a stud punter than a Melvin Gordon (good but not great). I'd also rather have an accurate kicker than a Melvin Gordon.

?

6 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

You would have 2 seasons of control.  You trade for him and give him a 3 year deal all paid this year and next and hes happy.

??? And what do we do with Gore and Singletary?

Whether its cut, trade or split touches, all three do not justify paying top 10 rb money  ( he was asking for top 3). Peoples obsession with RBs is so dated.

?