What are we missing offensively?

Ramza86

3 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Josh isn't working through his progressions quickly enough to see open receivers and is too quick to look for the Beasley dump off IMO.  

That's how NFL offenses work.  No one is getting to 3 or 4 reads.  Plays are designed to go to one guy, if he's not open there's a safety valve or you bail out.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/7/2019 at 11:32 AM, the skycap said:

I think they can survive with Nsekhe, but like you said another threat opposite John Brown puts this offense over the top. John Brown is playing great football though. They need to be able to stretch the field. A Julio Jones type receiver. Hell, get me a poor mans Julio and we're good. Don't waste this defense. 

Does anyone in the league currently represent this description? You are basically asking for a poor mans caviar.

?

Buffalo's offense could use more continuity on the offensive line, and some development time for their QB and TE.  The latter is nothing that a little time won't cure.  They could also use some speed at RB, but that's a luxury they don't have to have.  Mostly Josh Allen just needs to continue growing into the role of starting QB.

The OL has come a long way, but is a very long way from dominant. I'd like us to be able to dictate to the defense where we can pound the rock and make them stop it. You know. Like other teams used to do to us. We also could use some truly elite talent at the skill positions. It starts with the OL, though. We need a dominant LT and move Dawkins to RT.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

All we need is flat out execution without turning the ball over. 

The Bills demonstrate time and time again all year that we can move the ball on Offense. The turnovers on O are the only thing holding this team back right now IMO. 

I mostly agree with this. We arent missing a new shiny WR or something although it wouldnt hurt, we just have our drives stalled for various reason, mostly from Josh honestly either taking bad sacks, turnovers or turnover on downs. I also think we lack the big splash play, partly cause Josh is awful at deep balls. Every drive is this methodical 5+ minute drives. Thats hard for offenses to string together.

Thats why I like this team. Its not 3-and-out after 3-and-out where I feel like we have no chance at scoring. I think the scores will come, but I would appreciate if they were sooner rather than later.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/7/2019 at 9:42 AM, CaptnCoke11 said:

i think a lot of it is the WRs struggling to get open against man to man.  Two weeks in a row now they’ve struggled.  Announcers pointed it out both weeks now.  

Yet if you actually look, there are guys running open, Josh is not seeing them or affraid to throw to them.

Flat out, the biggest problem right now is NOBODY is scared of our giant armed QB throwing deep.  He has not showed the ability to put a deep ball even in catchable range the entire year.   He's certainly improved in the short to mid range balls, but his deep accuracy is worse than a Hail Mary percentage and that's absolutely no hyperbole.  Right now the game plan is pretty simple, stop the run, cover short, the line won't protect Allen long enough to get his feet set to rip a long ball and even when it has, he's been God awful, so let them have it, play under.  Thats a huge simplification of it, but pretty much the recipe.  

If Josh starts hitting some long shots, the offense becomes really tough to defend, right now, you have to execute, but it can be defended.  Look at what the Colts did to KC when they took away the long shots (injuries helped them, no doubt), but without that element, its hard to score a lot.

On 10/7/2019 at 9:26 AM, Ramza86 said:

We can get drives going...but it just looks like we cant get enough big plays down the field. Im not talking about just a streak down the field for 60 yards.

Is it lack of separation? Is it lack of play design?

I dont think we can use the excuse of there are 2 deep safeties so we can only take what they give. 

Every other NFL team doesnt seem to have that issue. And no team plays two deep the entire game. 

What is it and it this fixable?

If the offense doesnt shape up those tight ones will not always be winnable. 

Honestly the only thing I think is missing is time to develop. Josh is not Mahomes and Dabolls not Reid. He played his 16th game Sunday. What are people expecting? Outside of Jackson perhaps he's played better than the others in his class. We all knew he was a ball of clay. Unfortunately the Defense appears to be 2 seasons ahead of the offense. They're ready to contend now. 

• Like (+1) 1

Another new Right Tackle even though I think Nseke is decent.

Another Wide Receiver, even though if Duke Williams and Foster both perform what they are capable of playing we'd actually be pretty set at WR.

Someone who can get after the QB at any of the D Line spots

Gore's and Lorenzo Alexander's eventual replacement.  

Defensively we really are in great shape, this would just be icing on the cake.

Talent wise, we aren't that far off, just need for the offense to gel and continue to improve.  

Allen is still not seeing open players but after rewatching most of Sunday ticket all QB are making the same mistakes.

We are still missing elite talent at WR,TE and RB. I don’t think there is one player on this offense that would need to be double teamed. We definitely need more talent and a upgrade at both LT and RT.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu