Jay Gruden fired

44 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The best part of this news is that the Skins play the Fish next week, and I would have no problem with the Fish finally playing a team worse than theirs and notching a win or two to help push them out of the #1 pick next year.

Not likely, I know, but still....

19 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Redskins will win. I think Dan Snyder knows that and figured it'd was easier to fire his coach after a loss that after a win (even if it was against the Dolphins).

Agree, coaches never get fired after a win.

I am glad he was fired now, per your scenario, they beat the Fish, then lose the next week and he's fired.  Next game up Buffalo.  Hate to play a team the first or even 2nd week after they fire coach or even change starting QB's as teams often then play their most inspired game then.  Redskins have three weeks to get the joy out of their system.

I didn't see anything mentioned who was named the interim coach?

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

46 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Didn't they say bills would be 5-11 this year?  

That, Azu, or at best 6-10.

i don’t know what the ceiling is on the Bills this year, but it is looking high.

i just don’t understand how so many had them so low.

Bruce Murray (NFL Radio) is kind of hoping right now the Bills go 2-9 to make his prediction come true. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

And you still get paid the balance of your contract. Not a bad deal.

How much does Jay collect? $10MM+? Anyone of us could retire and live off the interest of that nut. Sign me up to coach the Skins.

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree, coaches never get fired after a win.

I am glad he was fired now, per your scenario, they beat the Fish, then lose the next week and he's fired.  Next game up Buffalo.  Hate to play a team the first or even 2nd week after they fire coach or even change starting QB's as teams often then play their most inspired game then.  Redskins have three weeks to get the joy out of their system.

I didn't see anything mentioned who was named the interim coach?

Bill Callahan is the new guy. 2nd time he's replaced a Gruden, 1st time was with the raiders ?

• Like (+1) 1

Gruden has to be counting his blessings to be out of that organization. Working with Bruce Allen and Snyder had to be the ultimate worst. What qualified coach in their right mind would want to go to work for Snyder/Allen, although the talk radio rumor mill is touting Urban Meyer as a candidate. He can reunite with his prodigy Haskins! 

1 hour ago, MR8 said:

Here is hoping he signs with his brother as OC of the Raiders... Ryan Bros. 2.0!!!! 

Except that the Gruden Bros. might actually be a pretty talented coaching combo compared to the one truck pony who used to be a good DC and a positions coach who has been more successful at the buffet line then coaching

If the Bills keep playing this well, I'd expect Daboll's name to come up in their HC search this offseason - Belichick coaching tree, has worked with raw rookie QBs, and is the type of candidate that the Skins can actually get, i.e., he's not a big name and may be desperate enough to take that job.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 416BillsFan said:

They don't even let him coach against Miami next week, that's cold.

I bet the Redskins lose to Miami.  Being fired was the best thing that could have happened to Jay Gruden.

• Like (+1) 1